Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-12, 08:34 PM   #26
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I say hab at it! Whether it's a week at the lake, or a cross country road trip.. we'll get ya there!
Old 02-12-12, 08:52 PM   #27
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
Some true Christians here! Chinos in my book.
This Christian seeks to improve himself daily not so much perfection, just simple improvement!
Dogmatic, you spout off about logic and facts and how knowledgable you are. But yet again you insist on the insults and character references.
It says your a Chef. At the end of your shift everyday do you gather up the left overs or the day old food and drop them off to homeless and hungry (bet there's a Walmart in your town too) or do you rush home to tell Me how un-Christian my actions and thoughts are.
Just curious.

Dogmatic I hope you had a great Sunday. This Christian did!
Old 02-12-12, 10:39 PM   #28
bamabassman

i am still waiting for an answer to my orginal question. i had typed a long post. but i am now tired plus i lost it due to computer glich. maybe tomorrow i will re-type it. right now, lisa is home and i am tired and gonna spend the rest of the evening with her.
Old 02-13-12, 08:25 PM   #29
bamabassman

dogmatic. i see oyu still haven't answered my original queston. look, if oyu htink i am trying to bait oyu into something, i ain't. i just wanted you to explain your side, IN PLAIN ENGLISH. teling me to "google" someting ain't giving me an answer pal. i ain't the smartest cookie on the shelf, but i ain't the dumbest one either. i don't care one bit about a political party. i am no party follower. heck i voted for the little man with big ears TWICE. know who i am talking aobut? lol. not that he was gonna be able to do anyting, at least he would have shook things up in D.C. so if oyu htink i am gonna sit here and get mad about snide remarks, inuendos and so forth..i got news for oyu bub. i ain't. i was jsut honestly wanting a plain simple answer to a question. wanted to read what YOUR true thoughts are. not to judge or ridicule. jsut so i know where oyu stand. i could care less about "chinos", whatever that is. lol. you are online and here, i saw it. so come on man. pony up. if oyu would feel better by sending me a pm. do it. i won't disclose what is sent. never have and never will.

and oyu read this and logged off..........why?

Last edited by bamabassman; 02-13-12 at 08:37 PM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 06:37 AM   #30
james86
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Don't cut my paycheck! I got half a pay check recently due to me being in the military. That was scary. I vote we cut government officials paychecks!
Old 02-14-12, 06:01 PM   #31
bamabassman

james my friend. i say we stop paying politicians all together. if they TRULY want to help tha AMERICAN people, they should take office with out a salary whatsoever.

we recently had a state senator attend a meeting which our boss (believe it or not cause he is such an a-hole) requested all of us attend. it was changed to a "prayer meeting". oyu can google this mans response to questions that were asked of him. his name is SHADRICK McGILL. THIS MAN WANTS TO TAKE my RETIREMENT AWAY FORM ME. MAKE ME WORK TILL I AM 70 YRS OLD BEFORE I CAN RETIRE. he wants to take our STATE retirement and move it to a 401k plan.yet he DEFENDED a $31,00.00 pay raise for himself and his fellow senators. started talking aobut how hard it is to raise a family off of $51,00.00 dollars a year. i laughes out loud, he asked what was so funny. i said try living off of $21,00.00 a year. that is about what i GROSS yearly. not counting the taxes and insurance. this man said teachers didn't deserve a raise either, said teaching is a "calling" if a perosn wanted to teach, they would do it no matter what the salary was. i said so would politicians. i am not quoted in the reports because i said this to him one on one. the reporter was gone,lol. he wated to be ther first one to get it in ink. he also said if we paid politicians enough money, they wouldn't take bribes. there would be no need. hahaha.

check him out and read everything this idiot said.
Old 02-14-12, 06:06 PM   #32
james86

It must be so hard on $51,000 a year. I'm an E-5 in the navy and I make over 20K less than that a year. Poor him.
Old 02-14-12, 06:15 PM   #33
james86

I did a little reading about him. He seems to be off his rocker. I'd like to punch people like that in the face on national TV. I think getting punched in the face on national TV would solve alot of problems. Take people back down a peg or two. Someone needs to invent that job so I can do it. Maybe I could make more than the roughly $30,000 a year I make now.
Old 02-14-12, 06:29 PM   #34
bamabassman

hahaha, we all laughed at him. he wasn't happy about it either. this man has 6 kids, all home schooled too. which is more expensive than public schools. and also explains his stance on teachers and raises. he is a one term senator i am sure. this little "prayer meeting" sealed his career i think.

and yes dogmatic, he is a republican. he shoce that party jsut to get elected.
Old 02-14-12, 06:50 PM   #35
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
james my friend. i say we stop paying politicians all together. if they TRULY want to help tha AMERICAN people, they should take office with out a salary whatsoever.

we recently had a state senator attend a meeting which our boss (believe it or not cause he is such an a-hole) requested all of us attend. it was changed to a "prayer meeting". oyu can google this mans response to questions that were asked of him. his name is SHADRICK McGILL. THIS MAN WANTS TO TAKE my RETIREMENT AWAY FORM ME. MAKE ME WORK TILL I AM 70 YRS OLD BEFORE I CAN RETIRE. he wants to take our STATE retirement and move it to a 401k plan.yet he DEFENDED a $31,00.00 pay raise for himself and his fellow senators. started talking aobut how hard it is to raise a family off of $51,00.00 dollars a year. i laughes out loud, he asked what was so funny. i said try living off of $21,00.00 a year. that is about what i GROSS yearly. not counting the taxes and insurance. this man said teachers didn't deserve a raise either, said teaching is a "calling" if a perosn wanted to teach, they would do it no matter what the salary was. i said so would politicians. i am not quoted in the reports because i said this to him one on one. the reporter was gone,lol. he wated to be ther first one to get it in ink. he also said if we paid politicians enough money, they wouldn't take bribes. there would be no need. hahaha.

check him out and read everything this idiot said.
Anyone remember like a year ago and the Fed. Govt. was going to stop SS checks and unemployment and such. Places like Minnasota had to close parks and such due to the lack of being able to agree on a budget. Yet every single politician involved in the process STILL got paid. They caused the problem. They couldn't agree on a solution and effecting thousands of families incomes. They didn't care about the publics wellfare, but THEY got PAYED and then took a break.
Now if I could legally do insider trading like the Reps can, I would not be as bothered by my actual WORKING income ethier.
My only challenge with not paying them at all is, only the very rich will run because those of us that have to feed the family are at WORK!

Have a great day and enjoy the ...nightmare!
Old 02-15-12, 12:40 AM   #36
james86

You know I was thinking about it some more. If he really makes 50,000 a year and gets no income or compensation whatsoever from anything else I could see it being tough. He travels alot, is expected to be dressed well, and attend snooty functions. All of that stuff would be pretty expensive. Throw in children and you would be scraping by. That's if he were to make roughly 50k a year with no compensation or reimbursement for any of his expenses. I don't know if he does get compensated or re-imbursed for anything but I assumed he did and that's why I was poking fun at his statement about struggling with 50k a year.

Joedog I'm not sure if you're talking about the same budget crisis I remember or not but the one thta affected me was when the federal government did the "shut down" and stopped paying federal employees. Everyone in the military got payed for roughly 1 and 1/2 weeks of work. It was pretty scary. None of us had any idea how we were supposed to pay our mortgage. It was resolved quickly, but it was scary as hell.
Old 02-15-12, 12:45 AM   #37
james86

That man's stance on teachers make me really scratch my head. He says paying teachers more will attract people who are poor quality teachers. He says someone who wants to teach would do it no matter what the pay. I don't buy that at all. I'm not saying some people might not decide to teach just because the think it would be easy money, but it's like he wants to punish the majority to keep the minority out. I'm sure there are people who want to teach that are driven away from it due to lack of pay. They do have some awesome medical benefits though!
Old 02-15-12, 05:56 PM   #38
bamabassman

he made the headlines again today. hahaha. he owns his own business so it ain't like this is his only income.
Old 02-20-12, 06:50 PM   #39
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
This Christian seeks to improve himself daily not so much perfection, just simple improvement!
Dogmatic, you spout off about logic and facts and how knowledgable you are. But yet again you insist on the insults and character references.
It says your a Chef. At the end of your shift everyday do you gather up the left overs or the day old food and drop them off to homeless and hungry (bet there's a Walmart in your town too) or do you rush home to tell Me how un-Christian my actions and thoughts are.
Just curious.

Dogmatic I hope you had a great Sunday. This Christian did!
Yes we do. Local food share comes and picks up all the food we have left over, usually on Sundays(they provide the containers), plus we donate and cook turkeys at the holidays(amazing for a bunch of jews and athesist), and donate cases of food to our local food bank. Hope you had a wonderful Sunday also, I was fishing, and like my Catholic mother said to me when giving me the choice of whether to go to church or not, "many people feel that going to church makes them good people, when in fact going to church has nothing to do with being a good person."
@KDS yes, very easy number to find, and well known since the rise of the "Tea baggers"(they love "exaggerating" it), 1% of our budget

@Bama, I answered your original question several times, I never put the people here at home in front of people of other nations, but as a humanist, I believe we are all one people, all related, all connected, as you might put it, "all God's children", so why the distinction?

Last edited by Dogmatic; 02-20-12 at 06:58 PM.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 07:27 PM   #40
bamabassman

lol, ok dogmatic. if oyu think oyu answered me.ok then. we are all one people. but oyu sir have directed it to where we are NOT one people. oyu have seperated us by your remarks and so forth. i am jsut trying to get a clear picture of what oyu mean. and i am sorry if this offends oyu. but in my eyes, i ask this.......how can we take care of others untill we take care of our own? again, i am jsut trying to understand you man.for real. maybe it's my simple upbringing or lack of FORMAL education or the fact that i jsut have a hard time wrapping my head around what you mean.

i commend oyu for what you do with the food. more resteraunts SHOULD do this. but sadley they don't kudos to you (seriously) for this. and jsut for clarifacation, are you an atheist? jew? catholic? it matters not to me really. jsut wondering. i am a christian, although i don't go to church every time the door opens. matter of fact, it's been a long time since i have stepped in a church. the reason is i haven't found one in my area that i liked. simple as that. but it dosn't mean i am against churches, i just haven't found the right one for me. i also believe the entire globe is GOD'S church, the land and the water, no matter where you are in my mind, oyu are in GOD'S house. so treat it as such. now i ain't saying i'm an angel. far from it. i fail each and evry day. several times a day too,lol. but i DO ask for forgiveness every morning and night. and i TRY to do better each day.
sorry to go on and on. jsut wanted you to know a little more about me.
Old 02-20-12, 09:47 PM   #41
kennethdaysale

@Bama......you will never get your head wrapped around that kind of thinking whether it's DM or anyone else. They're operating in some kind of dream world that I quit trying to comprehend a long time ago. You remember 30 years ago when Coca_cola had that TV commercial where people from all over the world were singing..."I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.......I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company"?? I'm sure you do. Well.."humanist" are suffering from some misguided notion that the world can function like that just by them saying that it should. They see humans as the ultimate power.....sad really. True and lasting peace and harmony will only happen one way and we both know when and how.
Old 02-21-12, 04:07 AM   #42
joedog

Dogmatic, you'll get a smile from this.
I'm Catholic!
Your mother was a very very wise young lady! I have total respect for her without ever having met! Church in fact allows some to actually feel they are 'tricking' thier higher power alot of times just like gifts and speaking ideals without action. Doesn't make Church a bad thing or those that go bad people!
Even bad people sometimes do good things.
I also have great respect for your resturant and YOU, if you actually had something to do with getting this great idea and act started and not just going to 'church' because everyone else is.
I visit my church quite often but never on a Sunday. 'On the seventh day he rested', I'll be danged If I'm bothering him/her on his/her day off!
Ya my faith tells me to but I also remember a story where he actually broke up a church or two. I actually go to church because it helps ME concentrate for a few moments on thanking my power for all the good fortune I have without day to day distractions, no other reason.
Frankly I don't care what faith someone is or if they believe in higher power or not, and I don't think my 'power' does ethier. It's more about actions than beliefs, IMO anyways.
I am very happy you got to go fishing Sunday.
You forgot to tell me what you caught. So, what did you catch?
At least we all can agree on one thing....
FISHING IS FUN!!! And God's name seems to frequently come up during my outtings.
Seriously, I'm really hoping you have a great week! Remember, even good friends don't always AGREE.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.