Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-11, 06:01 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Learning experience......

Me and my little brother went fishing again, we had a blast, didn't catch anything again though. But I got to try my new waders out. Can't really say if I like or not, half the time was half way up to my knees in mud. lol. But they keep ya dry. Water temp was 49 btw... 10 degrees more I'll it's spinnerbait time! Air temp in the high 50's.

So after wading around a little while, my little brother gets to close to the bank, in this swampy area, and get caught up in some quick sand trying to get to a big rock he can stand in. No big deal though, I've got caught in the stuff tons of time mudding the canals in Florida. He acting kinda worried but, I can tell he's in no real trouble, just sinking slowly, just barely up to his waist. So, after about 10 minuets of try to talk 'im through it I figure I better go help 'im. I walk back to the dock, get the waders off and get my boots on, and walk to where stuck. About a foot or three from dry land. So I toss him a stick and pull him we get him pulled out. He comments about how that was "a once in 15 year experience."

So go back to fishing, and 5 minuets later the little Einstein gets stuck again trying to get to the rock. DOH!! I'm a little further from him this time, and a little further from the dock again. After a while he's up to his waist again, and still can't get out. I get to the dock again, take the waders off, put to boots on, and go to where he is again. I find a nice big stick when I'm getting to him, and grab that with me.

Time I get to him he up to his belly button and I try to walk him through it again, but he still can't get out and he's almost up to his chest by now. He's not panicking at all cause he knows I get him out. I grab a hold of him again and start jerking him out. He complaining how cold his yangs are the whole time, so I'm kinda chuckling the whole time, lol! Slowly we get himself pulled out.

We start walking back to the dock, and I ask him if he thinks could he could get out if wasn't there. He says probably not so I figure I'd best show him how.

So I get on the rock I pulled him out from and jump into the mud! I get sucked immediately down to my waist and decide to stuck a little more and get down to my chest. So I start to show him to get out, (I'll spare you the details of getting out, the surface area on the mud, use stick for more, etc. etc. this thread's already long enough, lol). After a few minutes I get out with mud up to my neck.

Now we're both coved in mud and decide to go for a swim! I get up to waist, in the water and say "Hey, this water's not that cold!" So I decide to take a dive and go all the way under. Well, apparently my waist and down was just numb from the cold mud... THAT WATER WAS COLD!! lol. I get out of the water and my dad's walking down the hill to the dock laughing. Jr. goes home, and my and dad stay and fish a while. No fish.

Anyway, had a fun lot of fun.

What my little brother learn - How to get out of mud, and not to make the stupid mistake twice within 5 minutes.

What I learned - 49* water is COLD. And Wisconsin mud is easier to get of, and it dons't smell like sh!t!

Well, hope ya'll who read it this far enjoyed my story, happy Easter ya'll!
Old 04-24-11, 06:47 PM   #2
bamabassman

lol, that is a great story boss. i am laughing WITH oyu on this one bud.
Old 04-24-11, 08:10 PM   #3
keithdog

Nothing says Easter like getting stuck in quick sand and diving into COLD water, hahaha. Glad you had fun though and made some memories.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.