Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 09-07-15, 07:42 PM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Labor Day weekend with NHBC

Every year I host a weekend at my summer house for NHBC members. This would be my 13th year doing this. I have Capt Dave and X Capt Steve come down to help with the crew from NHBC. My daughter Chef Heather does the cooking. This year the house was in need of some repair from the year before so X Capt Steve fixed both my boat charger circuit and my path lights to the dock. Lots of perspiration was involved. At the end of the first day before guests arrived I had several surprises. I had opened my storage garage and a big black snake fell right at my feet from opening the garage door. Later as the evening came on a huge wolf spider greeted me in the shower. About 2.5 inches wide.

He could jump almost out of the tub.
So no fishing the first day Thursday. Just work.
Friday I went into the mouth of the Dragon and scored some nice LGMouth and a few of the second greatest game fish since the dinosaurs.

Saturday I had Greg with me and we slayed the bowfin and LGMouth all day after filling the live well with big white perch. No pics as I was in a frenzy all day. Greg and I parked on a school of bowfin for three hours. It was amazing. Think a GoPro is on my Xmas list.
Sunday I had Kris and his son Brian fishing with me and we repeated our Saturday on the bowfin bite.

Monday we ran out into the bay and searched for action for 6 hours. Some small grey trout, sea bass and a small lizard fish is all we caught for 32 gallons of fuel. Tide never got moving all day. Hoping for some Taylor blues to smoke, hope in one hand and .... in the other, you get the picture.
It was another great Labor Day Weekend.
Capt Mike
Capt Dave
Chef Heather

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.