Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-10-12, 07:44 PM   #1
Bucketmouth1010
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Need some help with bad weather

Hey i have been fishing lake hartwell a lot lately. Its been hot with bluebird skies and little wind. Not anymore!!!!. Its cool, rainy and windy, the water has gotten a little murkier but still pretty clear. I am not getting bit in this weather. any suggestions??? thanks!
Bucketmouth1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 08:08 PM   #2
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Our weather has been crazy, and it is supposed to rain the next couple days still. Warm winter, mild spring, then some heat, and now a ton of rain. I would hate to even guess aha the fish are thinking.

I would start workig everything from deep to shallow, from crankin to really finesse. You might have to track em down. Good luck.
Old 06-10-12, 10:40 PM   #3
bassinbob

I remember watching Hank Parker one time. In the conditions you described he said use a spinnerbait. Other then that I'd fish as early in the day as I could. The fish are probably scattered off points suspending.
Old 06-11-12, 06:52 AM   #4
lilmule

Actually the water cooling off will have more effect than anything,and it will cool it off.
Oddly on such days one cannot even see the wake well a buzzbait is taken one never sees the strike just loads up on the rod.Send us some of that rain hasnt rained much more than a 1/4 at a time for several months,ground hard and dry as a bone.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 09:17 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The first lure I'd be working would be a spinnerbait worked around cover. But I'd also be working a load rattlin crankbait across the tops of mid depth weedbeds. I might also try pitchin t rigged creature baits or jigs around woody cover and piers.
Old 06-17-12, 12:42 AM   #6
merc1997
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketmouth1010 View Post
Hey i have been fishing lake hartwell a lot lately. Its been hot with bluebird skies and little wind. Not anymore!!!!. Its cool, rainy and windy, the water has gotten a little murkier but still pretty clear. I am not getting bit in this weather. any suggestions??? thanks!
i am assuming that harwell should be in summer pattern by now. how deep is the thermocline?? in a stratafied lake, the thermocline is going to determine the depth of the fish. cloudy days usually tend to scatter the bait fish schools, and so goes with the bass. i am not familiar with hartwell. does it have any standing timber, what about vegetation. these things would factor in as to where the fish might be. do you do any graphing with your electronics to determine where schools of bait are, and if you see any indication of fish hanging around. your electronics is a great place to start to help eliminate water.

bo
merc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 08:38 AM   #7
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'd certainly think about using black as my main color. I most often use weightless soft plastics and seem to do better under overcast sky.
Old 06-23-12, 11:17 AM   #8
flfireman

If you have been having lots of rain< i would look for drainage points, creek channels, etc. anything that may be channeling water into the lake. Always fond of spinnerbaits in this type of weather.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.