Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-12, 03:30 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Arrow Rod and Reel- Shakey Head

I plan on getting a new spinning rod soon, and have am looking for opinions on the length of the rod. I am going to get a duckett (unless yall just thrash their spinning rods, but I think they are a top of the line manufacturer). I will be using this rod mostly for a 1/4 oz shakey head, but also will need it to drop shot in the future (I plan on doing it more). It also needs to be versatile in the sense that in light applications that baitcasters fail, it needs to work. (think shad raps, floatin worms). I am focusing on the 6'6 MH and the 7' MH. What I want to know, is what do +/- 6 inches do for me? Spinning rods have gotten longer and longer in the last couple years, so just seeing your opinions and the reasons on the pros and cons of both.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Ducke...page-DMSR.html

My next question is going to focus on the spinning reels, especially abu garcia. I was wondering which reel I should get. And yall are welcome to suggest other reels, but I would love for them to compare in price points. I really just dont know the differentiation between, say the Revo SX and the Orra SX (other than the orra is more exspensive, and I think is more durable {?}). I can get a spinning revo sx for $88, a premier for $136 (a little pricey, but if its that much better I could probably pull the trigger). Also a Revo S is $71. Link to SX is below:

http://www.abugarcia.com/revo/spinning/revo-sx

And also, which size reel should I get. I usually use 8lb, or even 10/12. So I was thinking the biggest (their capacity is at the bottom of the link). But opinions are welcome.

Thanks.
Have a great weekend.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.