Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-09, 09:31 AM   #26
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrygunBasser View Post
OK, I apologize for my comments, they actually were not intended to be so strong but after rereading them I can see why several of you would say what you have said. Dumb and stupid are pretty strong words! I won't do it but like i said earlier, to each his own.

I only know that if I had $200,000 on the line it would be a cold day in H*ll that I would swing a fish!!!!!
No problems here.I pretty much have to swing them with my medical condition and yes the big ones i get down and roll them in as i have had several wiggle out of my lip grip.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 10:10 AM   #27
ejvesper
BassFishin.Com Member

I think it would just be a matter of preference for the person landing the fish. I would think swinging a larger fish may lead to broken line or even a broken pole....landing the fish whatever way you can with as little damage to the fish or equipment should be the goal....?
ejvesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 06:05 PM   #28
bingham

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrygunBasser View Post
OK, I apologize for my comments, they actually were not intended to be so strong but after rereading them I can see why several of you would say what you have said. Dumb and stupid are pretty strong words! I won't do it but like i said earlier, to each his own.

I only know that if I had $200,000 on the line it would be a cold day in H*ll that I would swing a fish!!!!!
hey, no need to apologize, its your own opinion noone can change, were all bassers!!!
Quote:

I think it would just be a matter of preference for the person landing the fish. I would think swinging a larger fish may lead to broken line or even a broken pole....landing the fish whatever way you can with as little damage to the fish or equipment should be the goal....?
good way to say it, this pretty much sums up the whole topic!
Old 03-17-09, 07:52 PM   #29
BassinBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee View Post
Devon,

Sometimes nets are not allowed in tourneys..This would be the main reason for just picking the fish up that way!!

Later Will
Your right, but most of the tourneys I fish do allow them. I dont have a problem with doing it that way. I understand the time save on it. You may be able to do really good I just worry that I didnt see weather or not it was hooked up good. And Im not Devon, Bcklash (Dad) is Devon
Old 03-17-09, 08:50 PM   #30
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBandit View Post
And Im not Devon, Bcklash (Dad) is Devon

that's cold --just because you catch all the fish so all I get to do is net them--net boy sounds better than DEVON--but BCKLASH means all your reels will have a birds nest them. bwhahaha

But yes we use a net.
Old 03-22-09, 10:36 PM   #31
Gentleman4561
BassFishin.Com Member

Most of the time i will lip them unless i catch a real small one
Gentleman4561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 09:30 AM   #32
Jigger

We lost a buddy tournament last year (actually finished second) when my partner tried to swing a fish that fell off the hook as he was lifting it in the boat. I'll lift a fish sometimes if I see it's hooked good and my partner's slow with the net. It's a judgment call because I've seen them pull off in the water waiting to be netted or suddenly jump and spit the hook at the boat while waiting to be netted whereas if they were lifted into the boat, they might not have gotten off. Sometimes the quicker you can get them in the boat the better. Like I said, it's a judgement call.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.