Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-09, 09:21 PM   #26
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

like WTL said in a different post i think, I don't know if I could fish with a bright orange rod. lol. I've held them and they are very light though.

I think I'm gonna get the citica, unless I can find a real good deal on the curado on Ebay.

So I think I may want to go the Cumara rod. OR... a new choice, the Daiwa Zillion rod...

1. Daiwa Zillion 6'9", MH, 1/4-1oz lures. and weighs in at 4.2oz according to tackletour.
2. Shimano Cumara 6'8", MH, F, 1/4-3/4oz lures.
3. Shimano Cumara 6'8", MH, XF, 1/4-1oz lures. The same rod as these two but in a M power weighs in at 3.1oz according to TT.

decisions, decisions...

BB

Last edited by BigBassin144; 04-08-09 at 09:27 PM.
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 09:30 PM   #27
Love of the Sport
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Number 3 for me. I LOVE the cumara for plastics. I've got mine paired up with a Chronarh Mg and when a fish touches the bait the whole rig trembles.
Love of the Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 09:37 PM   #28
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I was leaning towards two cause I don't use real heavy weights, but either way, 3.1oz!!! holy crap.

BB
Old 04-08-09, 09:39 PM   #29
JB

BB

I been using the same citica for thirteen years and it purrs like a kitten, better get ya one!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 11:51 PM   #30
Love of the Sport
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I was leaning towards two cause I don't use real heavy weights, but either way, 3.1oz!!! holy crap.

BB
Thats why I use the m action. I use alot of 1/8 weights and I can still load the rod and get some really nice cast out of it. I've tried the mh action rods and just couldn't cast the same with them with light weight though it may have been my technique. I do use a mh for my heavier jigs though.
Some will say you get a better hookset with a mh and I can see this being true but out of the 100+ fish i've caught on it this year I can count the number of fish that came unbuttoned on 1 hand.

And check this out. A Shimano Chronarch mg, 5.9 ounces, and a Cumara ,3.1, weighs in at 9 ounces flat.

Last edited by Love of the Sport; 04-09-09 at 12:02 AM.
Love of the Sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.