Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-09-09, 05:14 AM   #1
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default AiRRUS Copperhead Cranking Stix

I saw this AiRRUS Copperhead Cranking Stix showcased on the website, but have never heard of them. Anyone have any insight?
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 09:15 AM   #2
TRUMAN BASSER
BassFishin.Com Member

I am sponsored by AiRRUS and their cranking stick is a great rod. I've fished 4 tournaments this year so far and 2 out of the 3 tournaments that I have cashed a check I caught my bass on this rod. The last tournament I cashed a check on their Co-Matrix. The rod is very light which makes chucking a crankbait all day long very easy. It does a great job of bombing a wiggle wart or similar sized crankbait but will throw a strike king series 5 with no problems. Every bass I've gotten on the crankbait or jerkbait this year has at least two sets of hooks in his mouth. The rods got a thin enough enough handle that your hands won't get tired. There are plenty of guides too so you won't get the line slap on the blank when your pulling in big mo. They retail for 169.99
TRUMAN BASSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 09:39 AM   #3
Kevin
Administrator

Hi BassinID... I thought I'd chime in as well since I have been fishing this rod quite a bit this winter/early spring. I have a ton of rods from all different brands, some over $400, but the Copperhead Cranking Stix is without a doubt one of my favorites. I'm not sponsored by AiRRUS, nor do I have any obligation to them in anyway... just thought I'd throw that out there too.

I've been using the Copperhead Cranking Stix this winter/early spring for jerkbaits and medium to medium-deep diving crankbaits. It is a very soft action rod, which probably wouldn't work optimally for shallow square-bills, but for the aforementioned baits, I find it a great fit. I love the feel and action of this rod. The moment you put it in your hands you feel the difference.

I have an older crankbait model of the old AiRRUS Co-Matrix rods (this was when AiRRUS was managed by Ken Whiting - inventor of the e21 Carrot Stix), and those couldn't be further on the other side of the cranking spectrum compared to the new Copperhead Cranking Stix. While comparing the old Co-Matrix's to the new Copperhead Cranking Stix is a bit "apples to oranges", I can tell you I wasn't a big fan of the old Co-Matrix crankbait rod. But now under new management, AiRRUS' Copperhead Cranking Stix is a rod I'm very much enjoying.

As far as looks... it's a gorgeous rod. Simplicity is a rod's key to success in the looks department. They opted to not epoxy the blank (I can't stand epoxied blanks) and the orange threads really look sharp. It also uses one of my favorite Fuji Reel seats that I find particularly comfortable.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 02:55 PM   #4
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I own the old puls r rod. I like it , however since ken sold the company something happened. I contacted them about their new rods back in janurary ? Their site wasnt updated for a very , very long time ( looks like something is happening now , finally ) I was told by someone at their number listed on the old website that they were going to have a huge sale on their older rods in feburary .... came and went , no changes to the site. Dont know , maybe castaway , or whom ever purchased AiRRUS should show alittle love to AiRRUS ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 05:10 PM   #5
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thanks all, I may be looking to fish one, they look great, I especially like the non epoxy blank, that just adds weight to catch fishermen with the shine, looses feel too.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.