Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-19-07, 12:35 PM   #76
Bubbah
BassFishin.Com Member

Smile

I personally prefer the Bass Pro Extreme XPS, Woo Davis, Crankin' Sticks---for my Bait Casters and Spinners. I prefer Orvis and Cabela's Fli blanks for my fly rods.
Bubbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 06:22 PM   #77
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey AKM, are those "Star rods" a BPS brand ? I've got a couple for crankin and they are great rods. Wippy tip, strong back bone.
BPS Crankin rods are good as well. These things take a beating but still perform. I've got some St.Croix's, Shimanos, Quantums,and some All-Stars. These rods are fine for what they are designed to do.
I've recently got some Loomis rods, a 906 (rattle-traps) and an srb812 (spinnerbaits). These are good rods, but I am not that wild about spending that much for a fishin pole. At least now I can get a shirt and a hat that says Loomis !
Old 04-20-07, 12:24 PM   #78
Wishing2BFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbah View Post
I personally prefer the Bass Pro Extreme XPS, Woo Davis, Crankin' Sticks---for my Bait Casters and Spinners. I prefer Orvis and Cabela's Fli blanks for my fly rods.
I too like the Extreme rods. I especially like the screw in weight system. This past winter, I was thinkin' about gettin' a Crankin' stick but I was disappointed that they didn't offer the screw in weight thingy. BPS needs to put the weight system onto their Crankin' Sticks.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 12:43 PM   #79
Bubbah
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah that could be a possibility, however their are two separate companies making those rods. I never miss the weight on the crankin' sticks---only thing I know is that with the Cabela's Prodigy baitcasting reel and 1-Minus crankin' lures, that rod puts out one world record cast after the other. Frankly I don't think you can go wrong with the rod---try it---you'll like it.
Bubbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 01:00 PM   #80
Wishing2BFishing

All right, my next rod will be a Crankin' Stick.

By the way, do you think 6'6 MH BPS Pro Qualifier and/or my 7' M Extreme will be ok for pitchin'? I currently use these rods for throwin' my crankbaits. If I am goin' to get a crankin' stick, I will need to rotate one of these rods for something else.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 06:35 PM   #81
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

im just a weekend fisherman and have only one rod i use for anything all my other ones are in my room cause i dont have reels for them...anyways i like my berkley cherrywood rod...20 bucks and pretty light weight;nice and sensitive,too
Old 04-29-07, 02:27 AM   #82
RSAbassboy
BassFishin.Com Member

G.Loomis!!! :-D and shimano
RSAbassboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 06:13 AM   #83
1FASTLASER

Alll the rods mentioned are very good rods but I have to admit until you try a TRUE custom rod using a blank such as a Rainshadow or a Rogue blank you can never truly feel the diference that a GREAT rod feels like. I build custom rods for many people. In fact I just got through building a flippin stick for one of the B.A.S.S. pro's and sent it to him 3 weeks ago. He called me and told me that as soon as he gets time he is going to send me a list of the other rods that he wants built. With a custom rod you can get a rod built ANY way you want it and tailor it to what YOU want. Yes they are a bit more expensive but well worth it after 8 hours of fishing. Anyone on the site that wants a custom rod I will give you a price cut of 40% since ya'll are such good people.
Old 05-04-07, 07:07 PM   #84
Rider
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I like any Bass Pro Shop rods
Old 05-04-07, 08:22 PM   #85
DaHorns
BassFishin.Com Member

I use a few different brands.....But Falcon is my favorite.
Falcon, All-Star, Castaway, American Rodsmiths, G Loomis.....
DaHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 06:03 PM   #86
bassman89
BassFishin.Com Member

i use quantum and basspro shops they are good
bassman89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.