Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-12, 09:27 PM   #1
maxwell.riddle
BassFishin.Com Member

Default trolling motor help

I recently got a bass boat. it has a trolling motor on it but isnt hooked up. i kinda need some help. so where you plug in the trolling motor i have a switch that reads 2/12v (charge) on top, 12v in the middle and 12/24v (run) on the bottom. i took the face plate off to look at the wires and they come out of both the switch and the receptacle for the trolling motor and go into 2 plastic conjunctions(im not good at electrical vocabulary. excuse my ignorance). but on the one end i have a hot and ground wire coming out. so i have 2 hot(power) and 2 ground wires back by the batteries.

i bought 2 new batteries but i dont know how to hook them up correctly. also i do not see a charger anywhere and i dont know how exactly the switch works or the difference between 2/12v, 12v, and 12/24v. if anybody can help me that would be great. thanks!

here is a pic of the faceplate with the switch and receptacle if it helps

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.