Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-08, 11:53 AM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default caught a nasty case of..

chunk da frogitus.. this morning. they were on the horny toad like it beagle on a 3 legged cat.. sad to say i err "forced" my back seater to chunk the spro's bronze eye frog in rain forest yellow for an hour.. he did not even have one slap at it. he switched to the horny toad and caught the big bass of the day 7-14.
it was a touch foggy this morning but it burned off quickly

water was in or around 70 degrees and for tuckertown fairly clear..

once it got to about 8 am we ran to our summer pattern holes to give them a try..
yep they were there alright. nothing like a texas rigged huly grub to catch fish wid.

yeah i know they are exspensive as all get out but they work..

we played in the cliff drops again-i can't seem to stay out of there- i was trying a bass assison 5" swim bait rigged with a 1/16oz falcon hook -spinning rod-

i hooked a couple but seeing i was using a ml spinning rod. i was failing to get a good hookset..-mh definatly needed- my partner in crime was catching them on the deep lil n pro series firetiger..-gee wonder where he got THAT idea from-

i actually hope this picture comes out pretty good..

i tried to get a picture of a bald eagle flying right beside the boat 5 feet off the water but it did not come out for crap-way out of focus-

zooker
Old 05-04-08, 04:43 PM   #2
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

That looks beautiful, Zook! I can't wait until I can find me a nice lake to settle down on and fish!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 05:42 PM   #3
bamabassman

hating da zooker, hahaha. tried to catch em at guntersville after the storm....nuthin. nuff said. oh i did catch a hand sized bream (bluegill) on the ol rooster tail. was so mad at him...threw him back. hahahahaha. anyway, got to get out with my wife and yes the dog too, whew he was a mess. always getting in da way. started to hand him a rod, lmao. good job zook. i tried to snap a pic of an osprey myself. but he turned his back on me, lol, that was the way my whole day went, rotfl.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 06:31 PM   #4
keithdog

Really enjoyed your post Zooker. Sounded and looks like a beautiful day on the water. Nice photos too. Thanks for sharring.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 01:51 PM   #5
rodman rat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

We want a pix of the HAWG!!!!
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 07:24 PM   #6
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

zook, the "godfather" for a reason. great pics.

i went and got some more good froggin on the other day myself. trying to show out for the wife and missed 7. yes i said 7. caught 1 and of course left the camera in the truck...again.

me and doc are trying again sunday.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 09:47 AM   #7
Bob Smith

It amazes me how small everything looks compared to Zooker's hands!
That 5" swim bait will give you a pretty good idea how big those hands are!
Zook, you ought to be ashamed of yourself! Taking pictures of that little bankrunner you caught but not posting any of your backseater's 7.14! What's wiff dat? lol
Old 05-08-08, 01:20 PM   #8
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Nice pics Zook! I hope to get some frog action going this weekend myself.

BTW... I have a tx on Buggs the end of the month. Any ideas would be appreciated!!!
Old 05-08-08, 07:43 PM   #9
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
Zook, you ought to be ashamed of yourself! Taking pictures of that little bankrunner you caught but not posting any of your backseater's 7.14! What's wiff dat? lol
because if i did post that picture. at my back seaters request i will NOT POST IT.. i would be beatin most ugly and that is THE ONE person who'll never forget.

zooker
Old 05-08-08, 07:57 PM   #10
bassinbob

Good goin Zook. The horny toad rules. I've tried over 20 different brands of toads and for me the Horny toad can't be beat. Although the new rage tails will get a fair chance this year.
Old 05-08-08, 07:59 PM   #11
zooker

i keep tring the frogs of differate company's none get the hits the horny toads do..

zooker
Old 05-08-08, 08:17 PM   #12
flfireman

Im actually gonna disagree w/ you here Zook. Ive used about 5-6 different types of soft frogs. I stand b y the Sizmic frogs. The action is good, the hook sets are much better due to the thinner size, they seem to last a little longer. They have a good selection of colors and the magnum size are great for nailing some large bass. Give them a try.
Old 05-08-08, 08:23 PM   #13
doc

LowRider has some of the ragetail frogs, but where we fish you almost have to deadstick a frog and the spro's are the frog of choice.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 08:05 AM   #14
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
LowRider has some of the ragetail frogs, but where we fish you almost have to deadstick a frog and the spro's are the frog of choice.
Hey doc. Wanted to say hello and I assume you live pretty close to lowrider. We been talking about hooking up and going to Monticello. I cant do this till at least after this coming week. I gotta go to Morrilton sunday for another shutdown. Just got back from Hodge,Louisana last night. I as well love da frogs man. Scum frogs and the Spro's when I gotta finnesse em out but when they busy slappin the top I like the gambler Cane toad and the ribbits. I do wish they would make a frog that is softer as far as the plastic goes. Almost all the ones I have used the plastic does inhibit a good hookset sometimes.
Old 05-09-08, 09:07 AM   #15
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
Hey doc. Wanted to say hello and I assume you live pretty close to lowrider. We been talking about hooking up and going to Monticello. I cant do this till at least after this coming week. I gotta go to Morrilton sunday for another shutdown. Just got back from Hodge,Louisana last night. I as well love da frogs man. Scum frogs and the Spro's when I gotta finnesse em out but when they busy slappin the top I like the gambler Cane toad and the ribbits. I do wish they would make a frog that is softer as far as the plastic goes. Almost all the ones I have used the plastic does inhibit a good hookset sometimes.

Lowrider is in the family . Would be sweet to hook up and go fishing. We have fished monticello almost every week since febuary. We know a few good creek channels where the 3-5 lb average bass hide in the nearby pads for some super frog fun. Most of the lunkers are a bit deeper, but froggin in the pads is fun as hell when the bite is on. We are also planning a night trip in the next month or so, fishing flats with noisy topwaters at night .
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 10:32 AM   #16
Lilmoosecountry

Be careful always wear protection. You could get a bad chase of the WARTS.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 05-09-08 at 02:39 PM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 02:27 PM   #17
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Be careful always wear protection. You could get a bad chase of the WARTS. The i fish only with the FROG Syndrome!!!!
And Always coat your exposed skin liberally with WPF- 50 (Wart Protection Factor)!
Old 05-21-08, 03:39 PM   #18
northwoodsman
BassFishin.Com Member

nice pics zook
northwoodsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.