Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-17-08, 06:37 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Cussing@$#%^&*@!!!!!!!!!!!

DADBURNIT!! i go out today and it is juuuuusssssttttt perfect, ya know? i mean there is smoke on da water. not too much wind. just right for the topwater plugs. ok...i am going out from the dock. trolling out into the middle of south sauty. when all of a suden as i pull up the troller and crank up the motor..... i put it into gear and...........SNAP! the blankity blank cable breaks at the handle. i try to take it out to see if it just came off...but noooooo. it had to break. i am so dang mad now. a perfect weekend just ruined. if this keeps up. i am going to blow a gasket!!! dang it to betsey!!!! i am so tired of always haveing to take a boat to the dang shop everytime i want to go fishing. the pontoon is there now getting a lower unit (maybe). now this?!?!? what did i do? why? i know, it happens to everybody at some time or another. i'll get over it. at least it happened now instead of at the get together. i'm ok, just had to vent.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 06:50 PM   #2
WTL

That sucks, but if you are talking about throttle/control cables its not a expensive fix at least. You can do it yourself probably pretty easy. The big thing is the day of fishing ruined.
Old 05-17-08, 06:56 PM   #3
zooker

aww welcome to the crowd... i have had to miss two awesome weekends of fishing plus 5 days of out of state bass fishing. and the guys i was supose to fish with off shore are definatly rubbing it in with the yellow fin and mahi pictures they keep sending me. the rotten motha's

i am fishin tomarrow if it kills me...

zooker
Old 05-17-08, 08:13 PM   #4
bamabassman

you are right wtl. that is the break. throttle cable. and no it ain't expensive. boat still under warrenty, so they will fix it. and yea zooker, murphy's law has it's hold on me i guess. i too am gonna go tomorrow. still have the trolling motor. and i can troll, haha. gonna be a b**tch to load up though. oh well, the other folks will just have to wait...or they can help me.
Old 05-17-08, 10:01 PM   #5
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm feeling your pain!
Went to hook my boat up this evening for tomorrows tournament. I started to lower my hitch down on the ball and the handle broke. Actually it started spinning and pulled completely out . How the *&^%$$ am I going to hook the boat up??? Luckily I got the portable jack lifted the tongue, pulled the pin and rotated the stupid thing out of the way, and lowered it right down. Guess I know what I'm buying this week. Why couldn't this have happened earlier this week ? I went by BPS, yep the monkey got me :, on my way to a conference yesterday. Could have picked one up there.

Got me some horney toads, mag II worms, Yum swim baits, and flippin weights so things should be alright .
Old 05-17-08, 10:27 PM   #6
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Thanks God it didn't happen at the boat ramps!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 10:32 PM   #7
bamabassman

buzzie, if i hadn't trolled out into open water (it was only 2'), it would have happened at the ramps, lol. had to wade to get it back on the trailer.
Old 05-18-08, 08:03 AM   #8
bamabassman

well, the dang loding dock was too full again. no parking spaces for me. so i ain't gonna chance it without being able to run the outboard. guess i'll stay with the little mama today. may go on the yard sale up and down hwy 11. they have 2 hwy sales a year. might find a few fishing things, hehehehehe.
Old 05-18-08, 08:42 AM   #9
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

better go early, cause if it's anything like up here, the fishing stuff's gone first. I went ot one sale and was looking around and saw the guys rods in a corner (not for sale), and asked if he anything for sale, and he, busy with another customer, absent mindedly pointed to a table. I looked, it was empty except for a really crapy looking landing net. Afte rhe was done helping the other person, he told me that was all he had laft and it was only like noon.

BB
Old 05-18-08, 04:14 PM   #10
bamabassman

well we went yard selling for a bit. wife wasn't feeling too good today, so we only went for about 3 hours. saw 3 old reels ($35 a piece), some old wooden lures ($25 ea). so....no... i didn't buy any. too high a price. the reels were all busted up and the lures were too. did find a nice steel rod and reel for $35, but had spent my money on the little lady. oh well there'll be the fall sale.
Old 05-18-08, 05:08 PM   #11
WTL

Was that the worlds longest yard sale or whatever they have?
Old 05-18-08, 05:44 PM   #12
bamabassman

yes wtl. there are 2 of them. the one they call the longest, and the one on hwy 11. this was the hwy 11 one. should have went yeasterday, aka; saturday. just can't handle the traffic for very long. people get on my nerves, hahahaha.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.