Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-18-08, 09:52 AM   #1
TheBossT127
BassFishin.Com Member

Default First time out--alone--and nearly a disaster

Well, yesterday I finally got out on the lake, but not before driving INTO the lake. I was backing the boat down the ramp, I had the door to the Mountaineer open as usual, with one foot on the running board. My foot slipped off the brake, my left foot hit the ground and I fell out of the truck! Needless to say, the truck kept going, right into the drink. Of course it filled up with water--about 4 inches into the driving compartment. The boat floated off but I wasn't worried about that. I managed to get back in, and pulled the truck out of the water. I think that if not for the lake itself I would have had at least one leg run over. I was okay except for bruises on my legs and a sore back/neck. I'm pretty lucky overall. My wife is not happy with me since it is her Mountaineer and she doesn't like me fishing alone, but what's a fisherman to do? The next step is to let everyone know if and when I have an open seat in my boat. I still went out on the lake for a while but I got skunked. Post-cold front conditions, storms, 20-30 mph winds didn't help. Now if I can get the flashbacks to stop...
Old 05-18-08, 10:10 AM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

damn man that sucks but it could have been worse at least you didn't get seriuosly hurt
Old 05-18-08, 10:13 AM   #3
TheBossT127
BassFishin.Com Member

Suck barely covers it. I still am not sure how I'm gonna get all the water out of the Mountaineer, which happens to be my wife's ride.
Old 05-18-08, 10:38 AM   #4
Jim80

you might have to take it to a cleaners man and have them pretty the whole truck up to keep her happy , if that was me my wife would make me sleep in the truck till it was dry and that would only be the begining
Old 05-18-08, 11:40 AM   #5
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Definitely take it to a detail shop and have them vac everything out. If that molds, say hello couch and pillow.

Don't feel bad about no fish. I got out today too and my dad hung one fish on a PNJ - and he hit while my dad wasn't even holding the rod! My dad has been saying for the past two days he wanted to get a jig bass, he finally does, and he doesn't even feel the bite!

Hope you're fine man...

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 11:44 AM   #6
Raul

A/C, leather upholstery, sound system, comfortably seats 5, plenty of room for tackle, power windows ...... man you really got yourself a pretty nice boat there !
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 03:25 PM   #7
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

That sucks man, good you're okay though. better luck next time.

BB
Old 05-18-08, 04:10 PM   #8
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lmao at raul. but truly glad that YOU are ok.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.