Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-12, 03:46 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default bps vip card

not sure if i should feel proud or sad, got one in mail last week, Saying i was in the top 10% of all BPS spenders. so went yesterday and they had a nice dinner for the prefurred customers. The woman upfront said, oh, it is just a little refreshment.. so me and my family leave the store, go and eat, come back for the "party". Well the little refreshmetn was BBQ,, wings, all kinds of other things, lots of drinks and deserts.. Full as a tick and didnt eat a thing, it was cool to talk to a few local pros and well to talk froggin. I didnt even know this existed. monkey spoke and i obeyed, picked up a shimano clarious for plastic frogs and hollows till my rod from bubba is built. Finally got my hands on the sacred blue gill colored iobee frog, few baglys, big shakey worms, and a few screw lock hooks, very fun day... I felt like sombody at the dinner, lol
Old 07-09-12, 04:55 PM   #2
AUFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallace View Post
not sure if i should feel proud or sad, got one in mail last week, Saying i was in the top 10% of all BPS spenders. so went yesterday and they had a nice dinner for the prefurred customers. The woman upfront said, oh, it is just a little refreshment.. so me and my family leave the store, go and eat, come back for the "party". Well the little refreshmetn was BBQ,, wings, all kinds of other things, lots of drinks and deserts.. Full as a tick and didnt eat a thing, it was cool to talk to a few local pros and well to talk froggin. I didnt even know this existed. monkey spoke and i obeyed, picked up a shimano clarious for plastic frogs and hollows till my rod from bubba is built. Finally got my hands on the sacred blue gill colored iobee frog, few baglys, big shakey worms, and a few screw lock hooks, very fun day... I felt like sombody at the dinner, lol

The VIP thing is cool. They have one here about every other month. They will have enough food to feed you and a guest. The rewards thing is good too but they only feed you at the VIP nights. I have won a jacket and a couple of $25 gift cards by hanging around on the VIP nights. The free give aways are okay sometimes. This Sunday they gave away a headlamp I will probably never use but they have given away some decent knives & lures.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 04:59 PM   #3
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
picked up a shimano clarious for plastic frogs and hollows till my rod from bubba is built. Finally got my hands on the sacred blue gill colored iobee frog, few baglys, big shakey worms, and a few screw lock hooks, very fun day...
I see you didn't waste any time beginning to work on getting invited back next year........................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 06:19 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Gotta love the VIP nights! It's always a pretty good mood for sure. And they know it's a good reason for you to feed the monkey too. But thats ok by me. I'm always wanting a reason to go to BPS anyways.
Old 07-09-12, 08:17 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

dang.............no wonder lisa won't let me live closer to the one we have in leeds, al. hmmm................

glad oy uenjoyed oyurself bub. now, ALWAYS remember to OBEY your monkey. lol!!
Old 07-09-12, 10:07 PM   #6
skeeter1804
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That's Bass Pro's way of feeding the monkey.
skeeter1804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 10:25 PM   #7
wallywallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I see you didn't waste any time beginning to work on getting invited back next year........................

yea, they told me you gotta spend 100 a year, i laughed and said, guess i am good for 2013 after i checked out at a $214.00 mark.. so maybe i exagerated on the a couple bagleys, lol the pond i fish is overkilled with rattle cranks and the silent wood gets em...

I cant believe i never heard this.. till now.. i did come close to buying a rico popper, but 22 is alot, Why does all japan stuff look so purty... when i was a kid it was jap anime, now it is their pretty lures
Old 07-09-12, 10:44 PM   #8
AUFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallace View Post
yea, they told me you gotta spend 100 a year, i laughed and said, guess i am good for 2013 after i checked out at a $214.00 mark.. so maybe i exagerated on the a couple bagleys, lol the pond i fish is overkilled with rattle cranks and the silent wood gets em...

I cant believe i never heard this.. till now.. i did come close to buying a rico popper, but 22 is alot, Why does all japan stuff look so purty... when i was a kid it was jap anime, now it is their pretty lures

KVD silent series works well too. Although I really like Bagleys the selection locally is limited.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12, 02:30 PM   #9
wallywallace

yea bps selection is bad, like 3 colors, with 2 dif, depths.. though these 2 places, have tones of brush, and i heard the balsa floats up quicker, heck it took along time, all the dt series was ratlles included. for someone not as good on names and types, it took about an hour to find them, lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.