Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-26-14, 06:59 PM   #1
MrMakk
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Slow start but fantastic finish

Clicky

Up until today my fishing has so far, been very very difficult with most if not all my sessions ending in a blank.

Today the fishing started slow, well for me at least as Ian managed a jack not long after we'd started. The conditions were humid with a little warm breeze and a few showers being forecast for around mid afternoon. Throughout most of the morning I'd not had a sniff nor take, I did have a small jack burst out from under some pads to check the frog out I was using, but it didn't seem that tempted to have a strike for it. It wasn't until after lunchtime I started to see some action. we had covered a good chunk of the water so far and now we made it to where the water was slightly shallower with more aquatic vegetation. I swapped from my wooden swimbait to the frog I used earlier, and after the second cast I had a fish whack it. at that moment my heart slowly began to crawl up to my throat, I gave another few casts that resulted in another few takes. and a small jack creeping out in the open from under the pads Without letting the adrenaline rush cloud my mind and concentration, I tried to temping it by working the lure near it but like the one this morning it didn't want to play. Determind to bank a fish I gave it another go, with several more hits to follow. With a better understanding of the frog and the fish, I continued casting in the area and as the frog paused in a small opening amongst the pads, I had a more gentler take from a fish, and as took a breath I struck & I felt a bit of weight on the end of my line. Success! I had managed to hook a jack, small but welcome as its the first to christen the rod 'n' reel and at the same time a first on the frog.

After another half hour pottering around this area me and Ian decided to move on, we stopped and fish another area and it wasn't long before I got some more action. result in another slightly bigger fish fall to a frog.

Ian managed a couple of good takes but all sadly missed, by that time the rain started to come down a little heavier and we decided to call it a day. I haven't had a brace of a couple fish for a good while now, it has put my confidence up and also given me something to smile about.

Roll on next session,

Last edited by MrMakk; 05-27-14 at 06:57 AM.
MrMakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 07:38 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Heyyyy, good to hear from you again Makk. Looks like your having fun. Congrats on the Jacks and the frog bite!
Old 05-29-14, 03:00 PM   #3
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Topwater!!!!!! Well done. Very few topwater bites here. But it will happen very soon.

ps Nice website
Old 05-29-14, 11:11 PM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Jolly good show,nice outing
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 01:13 PM   #5
MrMakk
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Ta chaps.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.