Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-07, 12:47 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default fished the ledges today

Sneaked out today about daylight before a family get together, plus I had to deliver a chunk of 12 ga. stainless to some farmer. We got about 1 inch of rain yesterday and it sprinkled most of the time I fished from about 5:30 to 11 a.m. Went to the old cattlefarm pond and thought the popR would be the ticket, I saw a ton of panfish breaking the water chasing new fry. After about an hour of chuggin the popR I switched to dampeoples version of the chatterbait, nailed a small one, but at least it was a start. Went on to the horney toad and got several dinks up close to the bank, but not the size I was looking for. I remembered last year after spawn that the fish had backed off the banks and were near the first dropoff, about 5-7 feet. Put on a tiki stick in copper/brown mix, whacky rigged and started getting bit! Now this is more like it I am thinking. I put the boat over a few drops and fan casted the rest of the morning, yielding about 14 more bass, three went about 2 1/2 lbs,
the rest were just bout 14 inchers but not much weight to them.
Actually this is the first time I had gotten out the tiki for the year, I smeared them with carolina lunker sauce, and am a firm believer that the garlic scent made a dif.
About 95% humidity and air temp of 70, water temp about the same.
Tons of areas to frog, but not many takers.
Today my son Kyle is comming up for a grillout going away party. He's moving to Saint Petersburg in a few days, I was going to help but he got a truck to tow his jeep and a buddy to help, then he's flying the buddy back after they get settled in fla. The rest of the family is down there right now on vacation, my daughter and son in law, plus many nephews, neices and brother and sister in law are down there for a week or so. I got a huge slab of pork ribs slowly cooking and made up the famous family hot bar B que sauce to dabble on about 45 minutes from now, plus all the fixin's that go with a picnic, baked beans, slaw, tater salad, and some other homemade stuff Sherrill has made.
Other than that I've been painting the upstairs bathroom in a dried hot chili pepper color the wife picked out, with white gloss trim, its done and looks a lot nicer than I thought at first...the upstairs bathroom is 8X13 ft. It's been so humid that the blue masking tape wouldnt hold worth crap, so yesterday I took the 1 inch brush and touched up areas that needed it.
Had to reinstall a mozilla firefox browser after a "pooh paw" on my part, I ran a exe. command (wrong version of internet explorer) and it screwed up all my pluggin settings, this is the first time I have been able to use kevins tool bar , I was freaking out with no photoshop pics to display, but all is back to normal now lol.
Lizards, thanks again for the powerpro advise, it DOES get better the 2nd year, casting wise and easy to use..it came in handy today wrenching in the toads threw all the vegetation and timbers in the water.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-07, 01:00 PM   #2
zooker

so after greasing the veins do ya get the "pooh paw" nap time break??

zooker
Old 05-28-07, 06:28 PM   #3
JB

just bout zooker, i almost nodded out but came back awake, it sure was good and spicey!
Old 05-28-07, 08:44 PM   #4
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default great!!!

Wow Jb.That sounds like you had a pretty good morning.I hope physco acted all right...that butthead is left of center,,,wait it's gotta be farther out than that....anyway congrats on the fish.My wrist is finally well again.It was freakin lunch meat in till monday(today) I'm good to go!!!!.
see ya bro Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-07, 08:52 PM   #5
JB

helen was up early so I knocked on the door and she said all that bs ernie said about trespassers was in his head lol....she was embarassed that she didn't have her teeth in that early, but neither did I lol...that hay field is up to the knees now and was wet as could be this a.m denny/ we need to hit a dif. hole this week sometime(and i don't mean tracie)
Old 05-29-07, 12:42 AM   #6
hackattack

rofl Jb thats a lil much!
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 06:16 AM   #7
Denny_K

Default cool

That was funny,you mean it didn't turn into a steamy love story that could be turned into Playboy......kidding,you mean no one qued the sound by Kiss,I was made 4 loving you babby.....lol.that figures Erie is off his rocker...he's such a door knob. See ya @ work
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.