Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-07, 01:55 PM   #1
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander
Default Deer

Well, after two days of the State Gun season in Michigan, I finally got my deer. Not bad, about a 120lb doe;2.5 years old.Here she is:

Any body else get a deer this year?

-ll
Old 11-16-07, 05:15 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

4 deer 1 bear.. and that is just this year.. season ends jan 1 it started september 15...the bear was 375 pounds the deer were 115,130,125,65 pounds -all in live weight.. yeah yeah i know 65 pounds -doh!- it WAS a 700 yard shot..

zooker
Old 11-16-07, 06:36 PM   #3
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

700 yard shot.. i guess he looked bigger didnt he....

i havent bagged one ever... my dad has always worked swing shifts so i've been out of luck so last year i started a little by my self and this year its been a dud on hunting.. but i can drive for next season.. =D
MrPhotographer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 10:07 PM   #4
zooker

i did not think it was that far till i hit him with a range finder.after i shot him.. of course with the big gun he did not run, just fell over..

zooker
Old 11-16-07, 10:12 PM   #5
garry_3000
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I am going hunting for the first time in my life next week I cant wait.
garry_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 01:54 PM   #6
flbassman

Been out three times this year aint seen nothin....Floridas not really a deer state....Headed up to Tennessee a little later this year, hopefully I'll get one then....
Old 11-17-07, 10:28 PM   #7
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post
Been out three times this year aint seen nothin....Floridas not really a deer state....Headed up to Tennessee a little later this year, hopefully I'll get one then....
Just duck tape some antlers on a gator and call it a Florida elk.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 05:27 PM   #8
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Two city dudes were dragging their dead deer back to their truck. Another hunter approached pulling his along too. "Hey, I don't want to tell you how to do something ... but I can tell you that it's much easier if you drag the deer in the other direction. Then the antlers won't dig into the ground." After the third hunter left, the two decided to try it. A little while later one city dude said to the other, "You know, that guy was right. This is a lot easier!" "Yeah, but we're getting farther from the truck," said the other city dude.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 07:41 PM   #9
pig n jig

Well Saturday was opening day here.I sat in my tree stand for a total of 2 hrs and shot a scrubby racked 6 point. I let the smaller racks go by last year in hopes of getting a decent one and it never happened.Yep, I am catching flack from the boys right now, but the deer did weigh 147 lbs field dressed.I still got 3 doe tags and a Muzzleloader tag for another antlered deer. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 07:58 PM   #10
lunker-lander

Nice job, PNJ. I would of killed a buck - if I saw one! Only deer I saw, the doe, I killed.

-ll
Old 11-20-07, 09:07 PM   #11
pig n jig

LL, The doe you had taken, is just as good as the buck I got.As long as we preserve our deer population and not let the state sell an over abundant amount of permits and licenses, from either pressure, or payoffs from car insurance companies. We will be able to hunt for the rest of our lives.I doubt that I will take any more deer this year. It's just my wife and I , so one deer has provided enough food for us.I will still hunt trying to get a trophy buck, but if it doesn't happen, I won't be disappointed, I will just look forward to next year. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 03:15 AM   #12
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

**** deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 06:57 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

hey pnj, i know what you mean by selling too many tags. here in missouri you can buy as many antlerless tags as you want. then they "trust" people to check there deer in over the phone. i have never not called in a deer but i bet you would be surprised how many guys never call in a deer. or kill a buck and say it was a doe. this has been the case for several years now and suddenly we are not seeing near the numbers of deer that we used to. it's frustrating too, i have gotten my wife into hunting, and at 25 yrs old we are gonna be starting a family soon and what will be left for our kids to hunt. the missouri department of conservation is doing nothing but selling off our deer herd, i don't care what they say. i am all for keeping the numbers in check, and i understand the whole deal with the buck to doe ratio and agree with it. but back when there were no deer in this part of the country, you could kill one deer a season and it had to be a buck. that got them started around here and i am affraid that it will soon be a bad outcome. lunker lander, i didn't mean to highjack your post buddy. that is a great job on killing a big doe!
Old 11-21-07, 09:25 PM   #14
garry_3000
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thumbs down

Went hunting to day with two friends both of them have hunted many years unlike me.The first deer we saw was an 6 ptr I shot 2 dagnab times and missed 2 dagnabit times The next buck was an small I let him go then I hear Bang and our radio goes off " I GOT AN BIG F*&$@# DEER!!!!!!!" Man he was right 15 ptr about 220 pounds just before dark my other buddy gets an 6ptr man that ant fair
garry_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 10:15 PM   #15
lunker-lander

Nice! Sorry aobut no deer. It never happens the first time...

-LL-
Old 11-22-07, 06:10 AM   #16
zooker

[quote=pig n jig;169555]I am catching flack from the boys right now, but the deer did weigh 147 lbs field dressed./quote]

i am not even goin to mention the 45 pounder-live weight- i wacked tues day night in the front yard..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.