Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 10-01-09, 02:44 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default All your fault!

Bassfishin.com, this is all your fault!!

I thought I was done with buying tackle this year, but the urge was just too strong. Your fault, I tell ya!

I would never guess that within 6 months of joining this site, I would have bought 8 new fishing rods and reels, 5 of them baitcasters.

I just scored a left-handed 2010 Revo Premier for a great price on ebay. I'm gonna break out my spare Lightning Rod and have a true Spinnerbait setup now. No more spinnerbaits on braid for me.
Old 10-01-09, 03:08 PM   #2
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

What was that guy online you like to buy from?.Or found good deals on Revo's from..Was it United Outdoors or something like that?
I just picked up a REVO S....and Im still shopping reels to replace the Max's,lol.

Congrats on that Premier!!...That's goning to be a sweet,sweet reel.
Now excuse me while I head over to Gander Mountain.
Old 10-01-09, 03:16 PM   #3
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

So far this year I have only bought two rods & reels. I bought a baitcaster and immediately became unhappy with the rod it was on. I bought a replacement rod and then a spincast reel to put on the spare rod. I have spent way too much on assorted lures too. I feel your pain.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 03:20 PM   #4
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The monkey slapped me upside the head with a 2x4 this year. I've purchased 4 rods and 3 reels along with tons and tons of lures, plastics, and terminal tackle. Nofear, I'd say the monkey hit you with a MACK truck...
Old 10-01-09, 03:23 PM   #5
nofearengineer

The funniest thing is, I just saw a guy on Craigslist who was trying to sell 8 4-month-old G Loomis GLX rods and 8 Revo STX's, along with 2 brand new Carrot Stix for $900.

Of course, it might have been a total scam, but the ad was expired anyways. He said he didn't get any e-mails until after his deadline, so he just gave them to a friend, and then went overseas.
Old 10-09-09, 03:56 PM   #6
riverfisher
BassFishin.Com Member

I am one that has the Monkey on his shoulders at all times!! It's bad I am sooooooo glad there isn't a Bass Pro, Cabelas or Gander Mtn near me or I would be in REAL trouble. I am totally addicted to e-bay!!

I have been one click away from getting new electronics for my boat about 15 times just this month!! Lowrance HDS-5 and HDS-8, I could get rid of my crappy X-49's and have GPS rather then use my I-finder!! Just gives me the chills........Oooooooooh she would be HOWLING at me!

My wife get's real PO'd with me because my kids are getting as bad as I am about gear and they are only 6. She cant bring them to walmart's shopping for grocery's they take off bypass the toys and head straight to the fishing section to see if they are stocking any new worm's to add to there collection. I have raided there worms the day before a tourney on occasion!!

My name is Dan and I'm a fishaholic!
riverfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 04:11 PM   #7
riverfisher
BassFishin.Com Member

I will even target goldfish on occasion!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goldfish.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	4345  
riverfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 04:19 PM   #8
nofearengineer

That is one huge goldfish! Man, their colors are so much more intense when they are left in a real lake like that. Eating all of those yummy bugs and worms is apparently so much better for them than flakes out of a can.
Old 10-09-09, 07:28 PM   #9
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

River I'll tell you I bought the HDS-5 in July and it's awsome can't wait for structure scan!
Old 10-12-09, 11:06 AM   #10
Abbeysdad

Sounds like bait monkey denial and rationalization to me...
(...and "Honey, it's not my fault!)

Actually it's just part of the addiction... beggin, borrowin and stealin to buy more crack..."lures 'n rods, 'n reels, oh my!"
And the reality is.... most of the time, all this fancy new gear won't put more fish in the boat or on the bank.
That's right, I said it...Somebody had to say it. Oh I know, we all tell ourselves that this or that will catch the fish that has heretofore eluded us..., but that's how we justify buying the stuff...and when it doesn't, we make other excuses....I know.

Last edited by Abbeysdad; 10-12-09 at 01:57 PM.
Abbeysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 12:15 PM   #11
bassboogieman

I believe we should all pool some money and put a bounty on the Monkey's head, or other body parts as we may agree upon.
You guys don't want to hear what he forced me to buy this year alone, but just today he put me on another rod. Today was an '09 Kistler LTA spinning rod (8th rod this year). I also forced to upgrade my large frame pflueger baitcasters & my spinning reels (14 reels). So the MONKEY SHOULD DIE.................
Maybe that's too harsh. I upgraded most everything, so I recovered some of my expense. Maybe the Monkey just needs a severe beating, and a good swift kick in the coconuts........................
No I want his ears, all my stuff WAS fine - I really didn't need to upgrade, I would have never voluntarially done this without the MONKEY forcing me to do so, It is entirely all his fault................................. Y'all believe me, don't ya?
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 06:35 PM   #12
keithdog

After last years purchases I announced to my wife, thats it, I'm finally done buying rods and reels. I have all I need. I have plenty of cranks, more plastics than I know what to do with. Spinnerbaits, HAH!!! I have dozens!!! Who could want any more??? All I need is more fishing line, thats it I told her. She smiled and said you'll want something. Oh no I said, I'm quite content with what I have for 2009. Well, 2009 is almost over and I really don't understand what happened. As I write this I have another baitcaster comming this week from BPS. Thats after the other rods and reels I bought this year. Oh sure, I had "good" reasons for buying more tackle again this year. There WAS justification. I ummmm, just can't remember for sure what it was. Something about old worn out stuff. There must be something like AA for fisherman. I have come to realize one thing though. The bait monkey isnt so innocent. He's really Satan dressed up in a money suit.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 10:17 PM   #13
bcklash

Useful trivia--the baitmonkey is the heavyweight champion of the world. That's the reason we always lose.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.