Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-12, 01:50 AM   #1
Mr.Bassmaster29
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 2013 Kentucky High School Bass Fishing

I've read that Kentucky is going to be the next state to add bass fishing to their list of varsity level sports for the 2012-2013 school year. Does anyone have anymore info on this or what high schools may participate?

Thanks!
Mr.Bassmaster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 07:46 AM   #2
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I would think that it is open to any high school in Kentucky. I would say a conversation with the principal and the athletic director would be needed to see how they feel about it and what they know. There was a good article on wired2fish.com about it the other day. You may even need a little petition with only 5 or 10 signatures to show that there are people interested and wanting to participate. I would call the khsaa and establish a contact person with them so that when a question comes up, you know who to call directly.

Keep us informed and let us know how it goes.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 09:04 AM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

PLEASE do this buddy. my nephew is on his team in alabama. get as many sponsers as oyu can on board. i know nothing as to how oyu do it. but from what i DO know, oyu have to get sponsers lined up first.
Old 03-03-12, 03:21 PM   #4
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bassmaster29 View Post
I've read that Kentucky is going to be the next state to add bass fishing to their list of varsity level sports for the 2012-2013 school year. Does anyone have anymore info on this or what high schools may participate?

Thanks!
There is a name and contact number at the end of this article if you are interested. There is also a video after the article if you want to watch the press conference of the announcement.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 01:55 PM   #5
Mr.Bassmaster29
BassFishin.Com Member

Gonna try and talk with the principal on Monday, and go from there! I'll letcha know how it goes!
Old 03-09-12, 03:00 PM   #6
Mr.Bassmaster29
BassFishin.Com Member

Just got a chance to talk with the Vice Principal today, and he said that we'd have to find a school sponsor to coach the team, and then we'd have to talk to the Principal about it. So that's where we're at right now! Just thought I'd keep ya updated...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.