Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 12-18-13, 09:45 AM   #26
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

My 2 cents. The last thing a potential new member should ever see is the existing members griping about anything to do with the site. discusions about a site going downhill just speed it up. If you wan't new members here then put up new and informative posts about fishing. The site was reopened to new members back in the early spring after the bot issue got fixed. New people stop by, they just are not seeing anything they want to stick around for.
The bass holes site went down fast after Jared sold it. It gets blamed on the new owners, and some of it is thier fault, but there was a mass exodus of members who just quit showing up. That didn't have anything to do with the new owners doing something wrong, it was just that jared and several key members had been the glue holding it togther and when they left, the postings went downhill fast. Then, new members would show up and not see anything interesting so they didn't stick around.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-13, 12:06 PM   #27
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If you log off and try to register, you get this page:
http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin....php?do=signup

Kevin has disabled registration, so nobody new can sign up as a member. Right now, the members we have is all there can be.
Old 12-18-13, 12:07 PM   #28
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro reel View Post
The site was reopened to new members back in the early spring after the bot issue got fixed. New people stop by, they just are not seeing anything they want to stick around for.
Kevin, the site was only open to new registrations for a very short window back then (I'd guess it was 48 hours or less), and then registrations were disabled again. And they still are now (I just tried it).

(I guess Daniel beat me to it. )
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-13, 10:22 PM   #29
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'd recommend leaving, and if Kevin does upgrade the site, we can always come back. Im not angry with Kev, its his site, he put a lot in. If the bots and registration problems were fixed, it would regenerate quie quickly imo.

As for myself, the fascination with bass fishing in general is not quite where it was. I stll bass fish, but Ive branched out to trout as well.
Old 12-19-13, 03:34 PM   #30
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I thought we had some new members recently? Guess not. Well then, guess it don't matter LOL. So, then basically we have our own little private site. Why would we leave or be upset about that? As long as the bills get paid and the site stays on that is.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 05:56 PM   #31
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Our last member was lmbfisherman on 3-15-13.

If you haven't noticed, much of the fishing talk has disappeared from the site. Much of it is the lack of new members asking questions that many of the experienced here can answer. Also, maybe its that, with the existing membership, much of the conversation has already been had; especially for those that have been here 7, 8, 10 years.

They way I see it...no new members....the site will be much less frequented by "regulars" a year from now...if it isn't dead entirely.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.