Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 12-31-13, 09:12 PM   #26
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Myself, I plan on retiring (or semi retiring if I open a BBQ joint there) as close to lake of the ozarks as possible.

Pretty much a biased opinion though, since my daughter grew up between st louis and jeff city ; )

I figure that's a great area for a Michigan boy to test his BBQ skills ; )
Old 01-02-14, 04:39 PM   #27
F16 1UB
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Cool Central FL

Harris Chain Central FL.....Before moving to this area I contacted bass clubs in the area to see which one I was going to join once I relocated. I did this to familiarize myself with the lakes. I bought a new GPS unit with Navionics chip. I fished with a club for 2 years, made some great friends, then elected to move away from the "club" routine and fish opens. There are so many lakes & the St Johns River within an hour or less from me. Also many small bodies of water. It blew my mind the lack of boats on FL lakes compared to fishing the Ohio River & Tri State area of OH, IN, & KY. Only thing I'd done different is buy a center console saltwater flats boat....something I could use in both waters. I've had a friend take me out in the gulf fishing oyster bars and after throwing bass tackle & catching reds I could EASILY change over to saltwater angling. I do miss the multiple species of freshwater....smallmouth, largemouth, crappies, walleye & their cousins.... but....squeezing bass tails to hit the 12" mark or getting upset because your 32" redfish is 4" too big....don't knock it till you try it. As for the heat in the summer....it doesn't get hot in the midwest????We have a breeze every summer evening in the center of the state....sometimes crazy thunderstorms....hurricanes "0" last year....and my 2 best months fishing last year was JUNE & JULY....8.77 & 8.90....so as I sit here & watch Jim Cantore saying stay off the roads, in my shorts & t-shirt ....yeah I like central FL. NOTE: the 2 years I fished with a bass club I gave the non-boater a free ride in sharing his expertise. It was a win win situation. I learned something new every outing.
F16 1UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:15 PM   #28
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

From what I'm hearing about south central florida summer's, is that it ain't much different from the midwest summers. This type of heat I can deal with.. But what makes all the difference in the world to me is the differences between the two winters! I'm sorry, but this thing about four seasons is over-rated in book. IMO midwest winter are much to long for an angler like myself. And as soon as I can, I hope to move to south central florida, where I can pretty much fish the entire year in a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.. well maybe a light jacket and jeans on occasion, but anyway you get the idea.

I appreciate your input F16.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.