Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 09-13-12, 12:36 AM   #1
oglejust
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default fish finder pix help me identify this

ive got these pics of something today, i believe its the old road that sunk in the 30s or 40s.. just seems awfully straight to have fallen over 20 ft. also theres a 100ft gap between the point that the road wouldve come off of and the thing im seeing under the water... also 1 more thing, it has an "end" of some sort. heres the pics i got

oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 12:39 AM   #2
oglejust

also have 2 pics of something that looks like a tree under the water but got over it with down imaging and it just looks like holes.. also couldnt feel that i was hittin a tree with my jig.. maybe root holes?

Old 09-22-12, 12:52 PM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Pics dont show the old road marked as a road or missing bridge,may have been told washed out and what was left of bridge demolished typical whats considered an obstruction.
We both know its there,and that at the drop off may indeed be part of that bridge that spanned the channel at one time.Pics however may be of some help.
Twin Lakes

East lake

Sorry didnt see it sooner the post.I presume 1 and the same as what you are fishing.
Terre Haute just to the right,and below.

Last edited by lilmule; 09-22-12 at 01:58 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 01:29 PM   #4
oglejust

thats the 1, pretty awesome i had a pretty good idea of it but this helps. it doesnt show the dam but thats just fine by me, ill know something next year when its 100 degrees that nobody else will no
Old 09-24-12, 02:58 PM   #5
lilmule

I can blow up any section to show more ,just let me know also can place on a chip,or send the file but need a program to view it,its navionics nav planner 2
Bet you thought I wouldnt have a map for twin lakes let alone east portion.

Few more pics you will know since you live there.

Ive been in your neck of the woods as well picked that 140 up in terre haute off a police officer
Map when enlarged shows vegetation or mud chuck rock etc not in view but by print,even sand in that lake plenty of mud clay
These pics taken of the map on my comp not the files so not super clear

Last edited by lilmule; 09-24-12 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-25-12, 01:14 PM   #6
oglejust

thanks roger, yeah lots of mud. been catching them off of rocks here recently, took 2nd in a tournament sunday. also managed to hook a 8lb flathead on a dt16 crankbait right at the end was cool to show off, bunch of kids on the dock so i took it for them to get pictures with it. as u can see not much structure, points arent really a good spot to fish here. just tossin at the bank.
Old 09-25-12, 02:50 PM   #7
lilmule

Actually I see several points with close contour sides on one side,and if one eliminates the shore some 10 ft ones minor go right against 16-20.You found that old bridge or part there of and the road you will find more,and in a lake with little difference even a minor one makes a difference.
A 3 ft patch of sand or rocks on a muddy point can be attractive to bass,where there is little change.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.