Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 09-18-12, 10:53 AM   #1
F16 1UB
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Sportsmen's Act Needs Support Vote 9/20

I received notice from my bass club president re: support that B.A.S.S. has asked the membership, and all sportsmen, to contact their legislators asking for their blessing. Won't you please help by contacting your officials?!

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/take-...future-fishing
F16 1UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 11:02 AM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great share F16. I did it a while back but guess what, I'm sending a nice reminder to them today.
Thanks for the reminder.
Old 09-18-12, 11:16 AM   #3
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

My Senator said this is not a priority for him, so I am not allowed to comment on it on his website(Only pre-approved topics up for public comment). I sent him a letter instead.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 12:37 PM   #4
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
I sent him a letter instead.
I hope it included a notification that his re-election is NOT a priortiy for you.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 01:18 PM   #5
F16 1UB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
My Senator said this is not a priority for him, so I am not allowed to comment on it on his website(Only pre-approved topics up for public comment). I sent him a letter instead.
Glad you sent the letter but this is nothing more than clicking on where it says CLICK HERE. Put in your zip code, fill in your pertinent info and at the bottom is says SEND MESSAGE. His office still gets it. Both your officials do. I don't care what he says.
Old 09-18-12, 07:27 PM   #6
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
Glad you sent the letter but this is nothing more than clicking on where it says CLICK HERE. Put in your zip code, fill in your pertinent info and at the bottom is says SEND MESSAGE. His office still gets it. Both your officials do. I don't care what he says.
I did this earlier, when this legislation was first brought forth, and F&S was pushing it...Directly, I'm not sure how effective these "automated" petitions are compared to direct phone calls, and letters...especially during an election year.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 08:36 PM   #7
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I don't sign petitions supporting legislation unless I read at least most of the bill. This is policy, and it always involves competing interests. Many of those on this board also have competing interests. Some want to preserve both fishing and create jobs. Sometimes, not often, and certainly not always, but sometimes, those two can conflict.

I think that people should only act in the political process if they are well informed. And they should never vote if they have not done research. You do not lose your right to crritisize if you do not vote, despite what many say.
Old 09-19-12, 02:25 PM   #8
F16 1UB

Default Wtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I don't sign petitions supporting legislation unless I read at least most of the bill. This is policy, and it always involves competing interests. Many of those on this board also have competing interests. Some want to preserve both fishing and create jobs. Sometimes, not often, and certainly not always, but sometimes, those two can conflict.

I think that people should only act in the political process if they are well informed. And they should never vote if they have not done research. You do not lose your right to crritisize if you do not vote, despite what many say.

So WTL did you WTL? Wait Till Later
Old 09-19-12, 02:46 PM   #9
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I probably wont have time to read the bill...so I guess I am waiting til never..

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.