Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 12-28-13, 05:44 PM   #1
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Video editing question

Hey guys, i know some of you play around with video editing. I'm going to attempt to start filming some reel service training videos that will eventually go on my website to be pay per view or membership view. My plan right now is to do them on a Utube private link where a member from my site will be able to click on the video on my site and view it.
I think that I need to have a wide view of the reel and parts I'm working on while at the same time I would need a close up shot so you can actually see the small parts and how they fit. I will have 2 cameras going and was planning on editing the 2 togeter bouncing from wide view to close up and back as needed, but I got an idea today that sounds cool but i have no idea if I can do it. What I want to know is can I do a split screen like picture in picture of the close up camera at the same time as the wide view camera? If so, I also need to know what is a good , simple to use for idiots editing program that will work with my sony handy cams. Also, what format should I shoot in? I can do HD but I don't know if i should do that or just do it in a regular format?
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-13, 09:41 PM   #2
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

PR, I don't know much about editing, but I think the answer for your question would probably be easily found on YouTube. It's where I go when I need an answer usually. It taught me how to mitre and cope angles.
Old 12-29-13, 01:48 AM   #3
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It's been awhile since I really played with video much. But, If people are going to pay for it, I recommend HD. However, uploading a HD video to youtube is gonna be time consuming even with highspeed internet. That's really just something you have to play around with to get the quality and upload speed you're comfortable with. There's a lot of programs out there for editing, just got to search for the ones that do what you want for the money you want to spend. This link leads to one that's relatively inexpensive that does the spit screen. I've never used it but it looks about as simple as you can get. http://www.movavi.com/support/how-to...een-video.html

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.