Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-09, 04:43 PM   #1
dietz31684
BassFishin.Com Member

Default BPS Extreme Reel on Sale

I went ahead and did some research using the search tool, and for the most part these reels seem to be like by members. They are on sale at BPS for $40....i guess they came out with a new one for this season so last years are on clearance. I would rather buy and older one that has hopefully had the bugs worked out vs the new one anyways! I ordered one, if you have any review/personal experience feel free to chime in also.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults
dietz31684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 04:48 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's a good deal on a good reel. Have several of them and love them.
Old 04-13-09, 05:24 PM   #3
ky southern

i really think you will find they will say out of stock,my bass pro was out of the older ones a few months back.with that said like backlash i have several of the older extremes and a couple new models and i really like em.i also have a couple new stx revos and i like the way the extreme cast just as well as the stx.
Old 04-13-09, 05:29 PM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I know some guys that swear by them! I would jump on that if I had the cash...... You could join Bassresource and talk to the member "Rooster" about them, he'll tell you all about them!

p.s. if you join, tell him I said hi!
Old 04-14-09, 02:05 PM   #5
aikenyounggun

yeah i fish with some of the older models and i love em... now on the part that they cast as good as the Revo STX.... i dont see that... i have a Revo Stx and i love it ..... it cast a lot smoother than the extremes.... you barely even have to thumb it.... thats just my opinion tho
Old 04-14-09, 02:17 PM   #6
rrw4258

I checked our store in Rossford today and they hade all the old models in stock still and marked down to $39.

Ryan
Old 04-14-09, 03:19 PM   #7
Bassin21
BassFishin.Com Member

I like 'em. I have 3 and have had no problems with them.
Bassin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 01:59 AM   #8
WTL

They are fast reels for a good price, but they arent quite as durable as some other reels. I dont think that should discourage people, its just how it is. I have one that is 2 years old that I broke the mag control on, it was made out of plastic and there is a little nub that broke so basically it has no breaks in it now that I had to remove it.
Old 04-15-09, 07:49 AM   #9
dietz31684
BassFishin.Com Member

That is kind of what I am expecting, a decent reel at a good price. I have a Pinnacle Terra and a Daiwa Viento, I am expecting performance closer to the Pinnacle than the Viento. I can tell a BIG difference between my reels but fish both about equally and they both catch fish, one is just smoother. This sale price just happened to fall into my "laid off" price range.

I am planning in using this as a cranking set up. With my current money situation I will most likely get a Lightning Rod or Ugly Stick with cork handle. Looking at either 6'6" or 7', what action (M or MH...i think 7' is only avail. in MH)? I fish T-Rig and spinnerbait the most, I do not do much cranking and is going to be what i focus on improving this season.

Thanks -
Old 04-16-09, 06:43 AM   #10
keithdog

For cranking I would definately stick with a medium action. But for spinnerbaits, I always use a medium heavy action rod.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 01:02 AM   #11
66KingFisher

I got one just before Christmas and although I haven't got to fish alot with it, i'm very happy with its feel and performance.....if I had the money to spare i'd buy another one or two at that price.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 12:41 AM   #12
slimbo
BassFishin.Com Member

looked at them yesterday. the reel guy at bps told me pflueger makes them .nice reel
slimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-09, 02:06 AM   #13
Rebbasser

Great reel. I have a bunch of them and would recommend them to anyone looking for a great reel without the big price tag.
Old 04-18-09, 08:53 AM   #14
dietz31684
BassFishin.Com Member

The web site changes daily. When I ordered my only option was 7.1 in right hand, now there is only 6.4 avail. in right hand. Would have rather went with a slower one, but oh well! Supposed to arrive early next week, looking forward to it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.