Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-12, 11:01 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Thoroughly impressed and de-virginized

3 Parts here:

Thoroughly Impressed Pt. 1- I received my Pflueger spinning reel today (first off it came from a tackle shop in Malaysia and I received it in less 36 hours, as described, BNIB and saved about 30 bucks). I put it on my Crucial rod and chomping at the bit to get it out and test it. Just playing with it, it seems extremely smooth, not a noise one unless I spin it like a bat out of hell and just a darn good looking reel! Thanks to all who helped in my decision making process!

Thoroughly Impressed Pt. 2- Last night I was re-spooling my Curado, but I couldn't get the braid (transferred it another spool to clean my reel and then was putting it back on) to spool evenly to save my life. Long of the short the freaking line knotted on itself and was garbage. My local shop with powerpro was closed so it was off to the exchange, knowing they didn't have braid and all they carry is P-Line (which I haven't had much luck with). So I bought some 12lb XX-Strong for the Curado and had no intent of taking the recently purchased Citica since I was missing the drag spring, but then I thought, "ah, what the hell might as well take it." So I bought some 8lb P-Line Fluoroclear for it. Holy crap, that Citica will cast a weightless 5" Senko country mile and the line is smooth. I'm gonna keep it on there for a while...every cast I said to myself, "d@mn this is good stuff!" The XX-strong isn't as smooth, but worked well and it's ok IMO.

De-Virginized- The only fish I caught today was on the Citica. Maybe the guy who owned it before me caught something on it, but it's new to me. I actually fished my Citica more than my Curado today and I love my Curado.
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 12:31 AM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Glad you got a chance to try your new gear out. I don't have any experience with the spinning stuff but the citica is a great little reel. That reel proves that in a lot of cases, bearing counts are overrated and used to sell reels more than improve them.

I'm a big fan of Pline products, I like CX a lot but Fluoroclear and CXX are great lines and have their place too.
Old 07-05-12, 06:56 PM   #3
bluebasser86

If you like the P-line try their new C21. It fishes like a combo of fluoroclear and CXX, easy handling and extremely strong, and $4.99 for 300 yds can't be beat!
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-12, 12:18 AM   #4
USMCbassman

Thanks blue, I will if I come across it. I don't seek out P-Line as I've had many issues with it before, but that Fluoroclear I'm impressed with so far. Let me get a few trips under it and we'll see how I feel about it then. Yeah, for $4.99 for 300 yds you can't hardly beat that.

The CXX or whatever it is, isn't that smooth, but it will get the job done in the mean time. I may just need to throw some line conditioner and I might be impressed with it.

Jrob- Where would you suggest the use of CXX and Fluoroclear? Not trying to be facetious; I liked it when mono was mono and spider wire was the new thing. All these new lines confuse me, LOL!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-12, 01:15 AM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Good to hear you're liking the new reels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
If you like the P-line try their new C21. It fishes like a combo of fluoroclear and CXX, easy handling and extremely strong, and $4.99 for 300 yds can't be beat!
x2. Got some 15 and it fishes like 10lb. Very good line. I was a little disappointed that it sank, but its density makes it a little more sensitive. Really enjoy this line, and will definitely get more!
Old 07-06-12, 02:18 AM   #6
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
Jrob- Where would you suggest the use of CXX and Fluoroclear? Not trying to be facetious; I liked it when mono was mono and spider wire was the new thing. All these new lines confuse me, LOL!
Hahaha, I know what you mean. We make things more complicated than we really need to a lot times. Either of these lines could be used for your all the time line.

To me, Fluoroclear is the best handling of the two, it has the least memory. It's also the least abrasion resistant. If I fished around a lot of nasty cover, it might not be my first choice. It also has more stretch. It would be my first choice of the 2 on spinning gear. This would be your Trilene XL.

CXX is as it's name implies, extra strong. It has the most memory but is definitely the toughest. I've used it for jig fishing and in heavier pound tests when fishing around more cover. I've also used it in lighter tests for cranking when I wanted a thinner diameter with some added strength. A lot of people also use it for fishing large swimbaits.

Either of these lines can and are used by a lot of people as their main fishing lines for everything. The reality is, there are so many different lines out there with different properties, your head will spin right off if you try to make it more difficult than it has to be. Pline makes Fluoroclear, CX, CXX, Evolution, Voltage and C21, just in copolymers and they're all a little different.
Old 03-15-13, 02:04 PM   #7
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I love the Fluoroclear. I have so many spools of trilene xl, suffix siege and elite, bps excel mono that I keep trying to talk myself out of buying more Fluoroclear but it's worth leaving the other lines in the locker in the garage.
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 08:18 PM   #8
bassinbob

Love the CX. The Citica E is a sweet little reel. They do cast phenomenally. I have one mounted on a Carrot Stix for medium cranks.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.