Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-12, 06:28 PM   #51
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Just like always, when I get in this thread, I go looking at boats. No idea why I do this to myself. sigh.....
But anyways, I saw an 04 Avalanche for $10,995 on boattrader.com
Old 01-10-12, 06:57 PM   #52
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Just like always, when I get in this thread, I go looking at boats. No idea why I do this to myself. sigh.....
But anyways, I saw an 04 Avalanche for $10,995 on boattrader.com
Depending on horsepower, that could be a pretty good deal.
Old 01-10-12, 09:00 PM   #53
MallenManson

150 Merc

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...he-Sc-99911184
Old 01-11-12, 12:58 AM   #54
nofearengineer

I think you could do better, as that XR6 actually costs less than my 115 Opti.
Old 01-11-12, 07:08 AM   #55
NewfoundLakerMal
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Tracker Avalanche

That's a nice looking rig. Is the Avalanche the previous model to the Nitro?
NewfoundLakerMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-12, 05:09 PM   #56
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

Default avalanche

yes i believe it is, the avalanche was competing with there own glass line, i think now is the Z7, don't quote me on that. carroll out.
carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 09:57 AM   #57
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Yes Tracker "did" make glass boats at one time, just not very many of them I think. I think mid to late 80s, could had been late 70s also. I've seen a few, just don't remember the year.

BTW thanks for the kind complements on my boat. A BIG thanks to No-fear for turning me onto them. I love this boat!!
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 06:39 PM   #58
jabarnett1973
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 02' Avalanche 150 xr6

Hey guys, new to this thread. Bought my 02' Av last March for $7100.00. This is my first boat and was hardly around them growing up(gotta start sometime). Runs like a champ and had it up to 58mph. Still getting used to planing it up as I'm new. Any ? ask away and so will I most definitely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	099.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	509.2 KB
ID:	7582   Click image for larger version

Name:	092.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	7583   Click image for larger version

Name:	094.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	486.3 KB
ID:	7584  
jabarnett1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 06:51 PM   #59
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome and that's a nice looking boat.
Old 02-08-12, 08:07 PM   #60
MallenManson

Sweet ride!
Welcome to the site!
Old 02-09-12, 10:17 PM   #61
jabarnett1973
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks guys hope to learn alot from this site.
Old 02-09-12, 10:45 PM   #62
jabarnett1973
BassFishin.Com Member

Got a ? Since I'm new to boating i was wondering. I've looked on this site for boating rules and haven't found anything. ? is When launching your boat at a 3 wide launch with docks on each side, is it rule of thumb to park your ride on the opposite side of the docks to get out of the way of folks taking in/out. The only reason was my first time out we where done for the day and i get to the ramp and it is totally packed, i mean 20 boats or so putting in/out. my buddy brings the truck down after waiting in line for 30 minutes. i proceed to trailer it but some guy was standing on the dock holding his two wave runners on the inside of the dock. i had to maneuver around him to line up. being new i unfortunately missed the line up and had to back up, trying to avoid other boaters. Bet they where cussin me lol. So was he wrong for being on the inside of the dock or is it basically a free for all. thanks guys/gals
Old 02-10-12, 12:11 AM   #63
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

There's all kinds of idiots out there that take up all the space they want, and are not considerate of anyone else. Sounds like Mr. JetSki was in the way. He should've pulled the jetskis off to the side somewhere while waiting on his trailer. There's a reason why a lot of boaters call them "jet fleas" or "lake lice."
Basic rule: stay out of the way until you're actually launching or retrieving your boat; don't back down the ramp, THEN start putting the lifejackets in, loading coolers, putting in the plug, etc. Do that away from the ramp, while you're waiting in line or whatever. Back down, launch, pull away. Be quick, but don't get in a rush or you'll forget something, like the plug or the transom straps.
When retrieving, if you're with someone else, drop them off at the dock or wherever so they can get the truck. Motor away from the dock/ramp a little, to ease the congestion. Then they back the trailer down, you load up, attach the front strap, turn off the motor, TRIM IT UP, then pull away. Wait to put the transom straps on, rods in the locker, coolers in the truck, etc. until you're away from the ramp.
If you're by yourself, you'll need to tie the boat somewhere or beach it while you get your tow vehicle. Once you get a routine down, it shouldn't take you much longer to do it by yourself than it does with your buddy.

Will you be mainly going with someone else, or will you be alone often? There's a few "tricks" to loading and unloading by yourself that will help make it easier and quicker for you.
Old 02-10-12, 07:54 PM   #64
bamabassman

mississippiboy seems to have covered ALL the basic rules. now as to whether others FOLLOW the same rules........like he said, LOTS of fools and idiots out there.
Old 02-10-12, 07:54 PM   #65
jabarnett1973
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks Mississippi boy, I will be going with a partner and sometimes with my wife. But any suggestions on techniques for solo would be great. And that's exactly what i did when i trailer-ed my rig. Pulled up on trailer, shut-off the engine, Latched the strap and cranked it up, after trimming up first of course to not drag the motor, stayed on boat and buddy drove up to the pull over spot to adjust everything else. Now I believe i did everything right but being the first time i might have missed something but I'm serious when i say this but I am always considerate towards others. And if i accidentally do something wrong I apologize. I show respect if others do as well. But that guy gave me some weird looks but i bit my tongue lol. Again thanks for the reply.
Old 02-10-12, 07:56 PM   #66
jabarnett1973
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks Bamabassman.
Old 02-13-12, 06:56 PM   #67
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

Default ladder

Can anyone identify what make or model that ladder is on bassfisher's avalanche, pictures are on the first post first page, HELP.
Old 02-13-12, 06:57 PM   #68
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher View Post
Well 6 months later, I've finally downloaded a few shots of my new fishing partner. It a 2002 Tracker Avalanche, she's 18' long and a beam of 96", and she wears a 2003 150 Merc, that will push her to 64mph (GPS) with a full tank of 41gal. Well here she is for your viewing pleasure:

A shot of her in the driveway, ready to start her fishing debut on a cool day in March of 2010.

Well here she is on the water for our first fishing date:

A view of the rear deck and the power she holds in her hands. (notice the nice touch of the loading ladder) She also sports a very large battery box. (she'll hold 4 batteries if she needs to guys and gals) Plus she has two 500gph livewell pumps with a 1100gph bilge pump. (YA talken about pumping some water here now) She also is showing 4 other compartments, two livewell in the center compartments, with the outer two being storage. (In the storage she also wears two 500gph recirculation pumps) You also see the captains area, W/a small console and darken windowshield, also the passenger side. Notice they too have the console with a large glovebox, and the smaller little cover beneath that for a radio. What you don't see is another large glovebox below the console tucked away and out of sight. (Shhhh, mumms the word) She also sports two handles for hanging on. (better known as the OSH) Which really shouldn't be needed, because she rides as smooths as she looks folks.

Her front deck is showing 3 more compartments, two rod lockers on both side of her, which will hold 4/5, 7' rods mounted in holders, with the center one being more storage. (What you don't see right below the center storage is her small built in cooler, which will hold a enough refreshments for a fishing outing for you and a friend) Her trolling motor is a motorguide, W/67lb. of thrust 24V system.

Well folks that's all for now. I sure hope you've enjoyed seeing her as much as I had telling you about her.
what ladder is this ???????
Old 02-13-12, 06:58 PM   #69
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

I have looked everywhere , and can't find anything out about it, help, thanks Carroll out.
Old 02-14-12, 08:14 PM   #70
jabarnett1973
BassFishin.Com Member

Looks kinda like the one i have on my Avalanche, same year as bassfisher. I'll check on mine and see if it has any details on it tomorrow.
Old 02-14-12, 08:42 PM   #71
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

that would be great, please let me know, thank you. carroll out.
Old 02-15-12, 06:45 PM   #72
jabarnett1973
BassFishin.Com Member

Garelick has these ladders. A 2 step ladder is 99$ and a 3 step ladder is 116$. Mine didn't have a name on it btw.
Old 02-16-12, 05:21 PM   #73
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

I seen those, i'm just not sure that the 2 step one is the same one, if you look at the picture, it looks like the one from garlick mounts just to the back of the transom, and if you look at the picture of his boat, the top of the ladder is mounted on top of the transom and the bottom is mounted on the back of the transom, i'm not sure. Carroll out.
Old 02-20-12, 05:40 PM   #74
carroll
BassFishin.Com Member

Unhappy

any news on the stinking ladder, come on now HELP
Old 02-20-12, 09:40 PM   #75
jabarnett1973
BassFishin.Com Member

No i was out of town this weekend in branson but looked around. I haven't found out what brand it is but maybe you could call tracker or ask someone at BP shop for any info. I'll try and see when i go to BP for the spring fishing expo.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.