Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-05, 03:39 PM   #1
Justin Case
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Ugly Otter

Well I got my halo harness off, went fishing the very next morning with a freind who had a new bait , the Gambler 4" Ugly Otter.I caught 11 bass ,the largest 4.5 lbs on the new bait.I went and stocked up on them today at bass proshop, They look alot like the sweetbeaver bait style, stink really bad from garlic scent added, but they flat out caught fish. I used a 3/8oz. tungstun weight in the grass beds as deep as 17ft of water.I am sore as heck from fishing , but am glad I got out. P N J http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....category.49/.f

Last edited by Justin Case; 07-24-05 at 03:56 PM.
Justin Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-05, 06:51 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Wow nice to hear ya got that off, probably felt great to stick some fish
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-05, 07:04 PM   #3
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Well I got my halo harness off,
What happened? I read this forum regularly but must have missed something. But I'm glad it's off.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-05, 07:57 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

marty
some one dropped a stack of pallets on him messed him up but good..

zooker
Old 07-24-05, 08:13 PM   #5
guacomole
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I saw those at bps I need to pick them up when I get cash. How do you fish them, do you split the tails or split one and not the other, or no splitting at all?
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 04:43 PM   #6
Justin Case
BassFishin.Com Member

Marty , Zooker covered it.Guacamole, I fished it both ways , split the tail, left it as is, when you split the tail it seemed to get torn up worse than if you left it as is.Either way didn't seem to matter at all that day. Maybe its something that might be a factor when the conditions are different to get a better understanding on which works better. P N J P.S. Marty, we should get out and fish together at least one day somewhere.Honeoye lake is loaded with bass if we could get together for even half a day or a few hours , we should be able to catch a few bass.Let me know what you think.P N J
Old 07-25-05, 07:23 PM   #7
Marty

Sorry about that accident, but glad you're back to endanger all those bass. Maybe next time you shouldn't stand under falling pallets? But now without a halo, does that mean you're less angelic?

Quote:
Marty, we should get out and fish together at least one day somewhere.Honeoye lake is loaded with bass if we could get together for even half a day or a few hours , we should be able to catch a few bass.Let me know what you think.P N J
Sounds good to me. I've been to Honeoye a few times this season and the numbers were pretty decent, but the quality wasn't, although admittedly, we weren't fishing in a way that would likely yield the larger ones.

One possible problem about getting together is many, if not most, fishermen start their fishing in the early morning. I am unable to start until the afternoon.

Good fishing to you.

Rochester, NY
Old 07-25-05, 08:36 PM   #8
Justin Case
BassFishin.Com Member

Marty, Afternoon is not a problem at all, I prefer to fish mid day anyway.I know its a ways for you , I don't normally start fishing until 9:00 as a rule because of the distances my friends have to go to get to most of the lakes we fish unless its a tournament.Let me know what weekend would be good if you decide to go.I am 25 minutes from Honeoye lake. P N J
Old 07-25-05, 08:48 PM   #9
Justin Case
BassFishin.Com Member

Marty,I weld for a living, I got a helmet on welding away when the stack of pallets tips off from a fork truck and whacks me from the isle behind me.The idiot should not have taken a stack of 50 pallets at once, but now he knows better.Its good to be back to work welding once again, it had me scared of not being able to go back to work, but everything is slowly but surely getting better all of the time.P N J
Old 07-25-05, 09:56 PM   #10
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Crud P-N-J I didn't know about the accident either Sorry man.
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 10:13 PM   #11
NJRapala46
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah, i think i may stock up on thgem too, a couple guys said they were working well here too.
NJRapala46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 10:14 PM   #12
Justin Case
BassFishin.Com Member

IL. Bassin, It's just another obstacle that I have got to get through.I ain't complaining too much, chalked it up as another thing learned.What have you been doing ? I hope you have been out on the water dunking a Ultimate jig every now and again ? P N J
Old 07-26-05, 07:21 PM   #13
Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Marty, Afternoon is not a problem at all, I prefer to fish mid day anyway.I know its a ways for you , I don't normally start fishing until 9:00 as a rule because of the distances my friends have to go to get to most of the lakes we fish unless its a tournament.Let me know what weekend would be good if you decide to go.I am 25 minutes from Honeoye lake. P N J
Being old and retired, I am generally available seven days a week. As to weekends, right now the only commitment I have is August 13. I don't know offhand how far the Honeoye launch is, but I'd guess about 35-40 minutes. I think Woodville is about 45 minutes and Honeoye is closer.

Quote:
The idiot should not have taken a stack of 50 pallets at once, but now he knows better.
Doesn't seem quite fair. He learns a lesson and you suffer a serious injury.

Rochester, NY
Old 07-26-05, 09:53 PM   #14
Fishie

I tried these baits today and I thought they had a really unique action with the paddle tail altough I didn't get a hit on them. I think they are more of a big fish bait. They got that tail that throbs like a spinnerbait and when they stop they fall horizontal. They look pretty cool.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.