Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-24-10, 07:37 PM   #1
JerseyFisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default St. Croix Triumph

Hey Guys

I wanted to know if anyone of you have ever used the st. croix triumph spinning rods, or heard anything about them. I'm looking for an all purpose spinning rod since my st. croix mojo bass ds rod doesn't hold up well with heavier lures. I was just at Dick's looking at them and they felt pretty nice and are only $70 (7' M), probably gonna pair it with they newest shimano sedona 2500, I have the 1500 on my mojo and love it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Jack
JerseyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 08:59 PM   #2
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I haven't fished with one, but I've checked them out in Gander and they seem like a very solid rod.
Bassmaster mag had them listed in their Best Rods Under $70, back in the May 09 issue.
Ugly Stiks are like 30 bucks.....I'd say the Triumph is a safe buy
Old 05-24-10, 09:18 PM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Do not buy these rods!!!

I bought two Triumph 7'0" medium spinning rods last Spring, and they are very nice rods. Nothing fancy, just light, strong, and sensitive.

And suicidal.

Unfortunately, I broke the tip off one in my rod locker. Not to be outdone, I had the other one jump out of my hand into the lake, trying to drown itself. Though I saved its life, it soon after threw itself under me as I was rolling down a steep embankment. At first, I thought it was being heroic, trying to break my fall. But alas, in hindsight, I think it just had a deathwish.

Out of a sense of compassion alone, I replaced them with more expensive relatives.

If you think there's even a chance they will turn you on to better, more expensive rods, they way they did to me, then I repeat my earlier jest, but this time in earnest....do not buy these rods!!!
Old 05-24-10, 09:49 PM   #4
JerseyFisher

How does a Shimano Clarus compare to the triumph, anyone?
Old 05-24-10, 10:23 PM   #5
gottafish
BassFishin.Com Member

I own a 7' and 6'6" MH/F action triumphs and they are great rods for the price. Really they are the same blank as I believe the premier rods except they are made in mexico and only carry a 5 year warranty. I have no complaints whatsoever with these rods.
gottafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 07:56 PM   #6
JerseyFisher

So I decided to go out and buy the combo today, but my tackle box is at my lake house so I only had a few lures... regardless it casted very well, and is very light. Looking forward to some action on it this weekend.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.