Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-20-07, 02:15 AM   #1
WIUbassin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default +10inch plastic worms

I was wondering if any of you know of any good websites where I can purchase some extra large worms. I'm lookin for some big bass and want to up my lure size. 12+ inch would be even better. Thanks for the help
AJ
WIUbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 02:48 AM   #2
K-Driz

Send a message via AIM to K-Driz

http://www.backwatersonline.com/cate...TOKEN=68217369
Luck-e-Strike Sneaky Snake

http://www.backwatersonline.com/cate...TOKEN=68217369
Luck-e-Strike Baby Huey (a killer on docks and c-rigs) (this one's my favorite)

I used to know a website that offered 16inch worms, but can't remember it right now. If I think of it, you'll be the first to know.
K-Driz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 08:59 AM   #3
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Zoom Ole Monsters are available at any tackle shop(10.5" I think). Im pretty sure canyon plastics are the ones that make real big like 14+" worms.
Old 02-20-07, 10:38 AM   #4
mymomisbecky

if you check out my site http://www.mymomisbecky.com in the hand poured plastics section there is a 10 inch curl tail worm there. Well, I have a 15 inch curl tail mold that I crafted myself over the winter. So if you are looking for a 15 inch worm, I can handle it it is just not up on the site yet.
Thanks
Ryan mmib

EDIT : here is a picture of my 15 inch worm.

Last edited by mymomisbecky; 02-21-07 at 10:27 AM.
mymomisbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 06:29 AM   #5
pig n jig

I use Culprit 10" worms in 2 colors, crawdad and Wtr/Copper Red.I don't agree that big worms will effect the size of fish you catch, it just effects the days you won't catch fish if all you use is 10"+ worms. There are days they will put more fish in the boat for you, you just have to fish them everytime out to see if there are any takers. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 08:40 AM   #6
Fish2win

I use 10 inch power worms at night in the summer. They seem to work well especially at Douglas or Loudon. You would be surprised how many 12 to 14 inch bass will hit the big worm. There are nights that that is all they will hit and other nights that the will show a preference to 6 or 8 inch worms.Somethimes I almost feel it is a match the hatch type situation. If they are feeding on big shad or smaller shad. Fish2win
Old 02-21-07, 10:27 AM   #7
hawghunter3
BassFishin.Com Member

Lightbulb 12" to ?" plastic worms

Out here ("left coast") we were having the same problem, no big worms!
We decided to make our own. They work great on the bigger lakes where the bass aren't used to seeing them anymore. Take some plaster casting material, pour it into a wooden box (tightly made), let it set up for only a few mins. and start carveing out what you what, or take three (3) of you favorite worms and cut two (2) them into halfs. Use the front half of the first one at the head,the back half at the tail, and the third one cut to fit the size you want the worm to be. Don't think this will happen on the first try, just keep playing with it till you get what "you" like. Then place the three peices into the plaster (as one full bait) and let the plaster dry. Once the "final product" is produced you can create your own colors by using old baits that have been torn up by fish or the ones that end up on the bottom of the boat (clean those first) and by buying plastic from one of the craft cat. I've been doing this for the last five (5) years or so and have had good to great sucuess. Your bait cost also goes way down.
hawghunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 10:29 AM   #8
mymomisbecky

FYI, make sure to NOT use baits like powerbaits or gulp etc, they wont work to remelt. The types of plastics you can remelt are getting slimmer each year as they are using different materials now.
mymomisbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 10:30 AM   #9
Bob60
BassFishin.Com Member

Culprit has both 10" and 12" worms in several colors. Bass Pro Shops has them. Wal-Mart has a couple of colors in both sizes. Culprit has a website with links to websites.
Bob60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 12:53 AM   #10
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The old worm company all our fathers grew up with was called DeLong. You know the ones. They came prerigged with the 3 hooks molded inside of the worm. Smelled like black licorice. They were kinda stiff as far as worms go, and not often talked about now days, although they do catch bass. Now however, this company has been producing many more plastic baits than before. And it is located right here in my home town of Valparaiso, Indiana. I don't know if they still make it, but I once bought a 15 inch plastic worm made by them when the company was owned by the previous owners. Looked like a good sized garter snake, lol. Anyways, they are a locally owned company as I said and rather friendly people. Here is their phone number. Give them a call and tell them what you are looking for. Maybe they can help you. 219-465-1101. Good luck
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 01:07 AM   #11
WIUbassin

Thanks for all the tips and info fellas, I'll definately be looking into some of these leads.
AJ
WIUbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 01:02 PM   #12
skeeter944

welcome to the forum bassin!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.