Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 07-06-09, 11:09 AM   #1
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default OK, I’ll jump in, SARAH PALIN

I thought someone would bring up she resigned, no one did, so I be the one.
Did she do it because she “can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen”? Done with politics? Stab at 2012 president bid? A scandal building (sports complex, and her new home being build at the same time)?
These are all roomers, so sue me Sarah! Yep, she will sue anyone that talks about her? That should tie the courts up for the next 20 years.
A Mayor of a small town of 6000 people, and Mayor for ½ the term don’t look like a good resume to me if she wants the 2012 president bid. But she has looks, and that magnetic charm that have millions hoping she runs, and will vote for her!

What do you think?
Old 07-06-09, 11:25 AM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I think you are not for real, WNY.
Old 07-06-09, 11:38 AM   #3
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I think you are not for real, WNY.
WHY?
Because I'm liberal? You don't agree with me? You are always right? She's cute, I'd vote or her?
Give me a reason why you think I'm not real, or should I look it up myself??
Old 07-06-09, 12:21 PM   #4
WTL

There may be currently no politician I loathe more than Sarah Palin. I have made my opinion known on most of my other boards, but she just hasn't come up here. She is a fraud, a false conservative, a prima donna and an attentionw hore who puts her own vapid aspirations above those of her family.

In 10 months she still has yet to take a hard stance on an issue. She sounds conservative, but it is all vacant rhetoric designed to rally support without actually saying anything at all.

For me, she is a representative of just the reason the GOP has failed. Social conservatism, looks, sounds and emotional reaction has all been placed above freedom, the Constitution and intellectual honesty.

People in this thread may come to defense of her because of her femininity, looks, charisma, but who can defend her record? Half a term? A weak understanding of national politics despite being a major VP candidate? An unwillingness to expose herself to tough questions from real journalists? She can be defended easily on looks, but on principle, she is unredeemable.

Last edited by WTL; 07-06-09 at 12:27 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 12:48 PM   #5
nofearengineer

WTL, I'm with you on most of your points, but I'd like to add something to your statement about social conservatism being one of the reasons for the GOP's failure.

While in a literal sense, the GOP might (it's debatable) have suffered from being branded by the media as bible-thumpers and the "party of 'NO'", I don't believe it is wise to move away from social conservatism for the sake of winning elections.

The founders were socially conservative, by today's standards, if not by those of the time. They knew that democracy would only survive as long as people behaved ethically, and didn't do such things as vote themselves money from the treasury (which on the surface seems like a fiscal issue, but is really a moral one).

Back to the OP, I admit the woman is not that knowledgable, when it comes to history, world affairs, or intelligence matters. I just find it disingenuous when the lefties lambaste her for thee things, when they just elected the most unqualified president ever. Right now, I'd gladly settle for an honest, moral simpleton over a duplicitous, eloquent Manchurian Candidate.
Old 07-06-09, 01:14 PM   #6
bassFishingWNY

“The founders were socially conservative, by today's standards, if not by those of the time. They knew that democracy would only survive as long as people behaved ethically, and didn't do such things as vote themselves money from the treasury (which on the surface seems like a fiscal issue, but is really a moral one)”.
They wore slave owners, The beat people to do as they wished, and killed them! This happened up till the 60s! It’s still going on today!
Conservative IS CONTROLLING PEOPLE TO MAKE YOU RICH?
As far as “I just find it disingenuous when the lefties lambaste her for thee things, when they just elected the most unqualified president ever“.
Bush was brain dead from drugs, and booze, the worst president ever! Started a war to show daddy how to do it, ousted a CIA agent, made the World hate us. And on top of that stolid 2 elections! Need I go on?
Obama may be the best President since FDR, but FDR served 4 terms, Obama can only serve 2!

One more thing, Bush was conservative? He ran up the biggest debt, and deficit in American history! The GOP RUBBER STAMP CONGRESS spent millions to be reelected. That’s conservative???
Old 07-06-09, 01:48 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassFishingWNY View Post
Mayor for ½ the term don’t look like a good resume to me if she wants the 2012 president bid
and freaking obama's resume' was any better? obama has absolutley no qualifications to speak of and yet he got elected.
Old 07-06-09, 01:57 PM   #8
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
and freaking obama's resume' was any better? obama has absolutley no qualifications to speak of and yet he got elected.
Do some reading, and not what the far right tells you!
Old 07-06-09, 02:03 PM   #9
carolina-rig-01

ok so then tell me, what kind of resume does obame have?
Old 07-06-09, 02:23 PM   #10
nofearengineer

Quote:
WNY... while I can't speak for C-rig, I am pretty sure I'm better-read than you are (I've read a grammar book or two and at least make the attempt to form complete, correct sentences).

I also don't "do what I'm told" except when it's the guy signing my paycheck, and even that has its limits. I'm conservative and the only person I "control" is me. I set up my rules of behavior ahead of time, not based on how I "feel" on a given day. I know that confuses you, and that the very existence of someone who isn't "winging it" morally and ethically offends you to your very core, but hey...I gotta be me. I don't need an "anything goes, no matter what" kind of world in order to be happy.

You need to stop being such a knee-jerk, hysterical, conspiracy theorist. I bet you think it was George Bush who stole your bike when you were nine years old. You're giving good, honest liberals a bad name.

You deliberately started this thread so you could indulge yourself in more histrionics, and I'm not going to play the game any more. Congratulations! You get to be the very first contestant on "Who Gets to be on NoFear's Ignominious Ignore List?!?!" I'm tired of even looking at your ridiculous posts. At the risk of sounding like a modern liberal, I suggest other people ban you from their computer screens as well.
Old 07-06-09, 02:23 PM   #11
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
ok so then tell me, what kind of resume does obame have?
I could name a few, to start the US Senate!
But as our engineer would say, look it up for your self!
Old 07-06-09, 02:34 PM   #12
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
WNY... while I can't speak for C-rig, I am pretty sure I'm better-read than you are (I've read a grammar book or two and at least make the attempt to form complete, correct sentences).

I also don't "do what I'm told" except when it's the guy signing my paycheck, and even that has its limits. I'm conservative and the only person I "control" is me. I set up my rules of behavior ahead of time, not based on how I "feel" on a given day. I know that confuses you, and that the very existence of someone who isn't "winging it" morally and ethically offends you to your very core, but hey...I gotta be me. I don't need an "anything goes, no matter what" kind of world in order to be happy.

You need to stop being such a knee-jerk, hysterical, conspiracy theorist. I bet you think it was George Bush who stole your bike when you were nine years old. You're giving good, honest liberals a bad name.

You deliberately started this thread so you could indulge yourself in more histrionics, and I'm not going to play the game any more. Congratulations! You get to be the very first contestant on "Who Gets to be on NoFear's Ignominious Ignore List?!?!" I'm tired of even looking at your ridiculous posts. At the risk of sounding like a modern liberal, I suggest other people ban you from their computer screens as well.
I love the way you do things!
Right out of the republican play book!
That's why they went down hill, playing all to be dumb, but the great, GOP!

You can put me on don't see my post anymore, ask if I care!!

You started on me from the start, and thought I would RUN, WRONG!!
I don't run!!
Old 07-06-09, 02:44 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
I could name a few, to start the US Senate!
But as our engineer would say, look it up for your self!
i knew you would go for the fact that obama was on the senate. but you left out the part about him only being there a little over 200 days. you are gonna bash palin for only serving half a term but consider 200 days enough time on the job for a guy to lead the greatest country in the world? i agree with nofear on everything he said.
Old 07-06-09, 02:52 PM   #14
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
i knew you would go for the fact that obama was on the senate. but you left out the part about him only being there a little over 200 days. you are gonna bash palin for only serving half a term but consider 200 days enough time on the job for a guy to lead the greatest country in the world? i agree with nofear on everything he said.
With out looking it up.
obama voted "NO" on the Iraq war. That was back in 2003? Only 200 days? That's less then a year! How could he vote NO, if he had only 200 days to present?
I know the far right twist thing, more then you could ever hope to twist your lure, but, THINK!!
Old 07-06-09, 03:02 PM   #15
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
With out looking it up.
obama voted "NO" on the Iraq war. That was back in 2003? Only 200 days? That's less then a year! How could he vote NO, if he had only 200 days to present?
I know the far right twist thing, more then you could ever hope to twist your lure, but, THINK!!
i did a little more research and here is what i found. some say that obama has 143 days of senate experience (days the senate was actually in session) and others say it was actually 304 days. either number less than a year and i don't think that is nearly enough to qualify anyone to lead the free world. say what you want, it doesn't matter because you are now being ignored.
Old 07-06-09, 03:06 PM   #16
bassFishingWNY

The engineer blocked my post, he only want's to here the good things he agrees with. the things said by the left is not in his scope of thinking.
I like to here both sides, that is what made America great!!
Old 07-06-09, 03:08 PM   #17
bassFishingWNY

2 now, Good!
Old 07-06-09, 03:16 PM   #18
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

give it up, troll.

BB
Old 07-06-09, 03:23 PM   #19
WTL

bassFishingWNY,

From time to time I come across people like you. I'm not quite sure how to characterize the type. More often than not, I meet them on the right side of the political spectrum, but what side they are on doesnt matter.

These people seem to be so taken in by the propaganda of their side that they say things that make themselves appear to be totally insane. Things like Obama is the anti-Christ or Bush doesn't have a brain. Things that are obviously false to any rational observer, but avoid people of the type I am describing.

As a gauge of your complete lack of any sane objective, reread your posts. Ask yourself, is it worded in a way that will alter the view of who is reading them? Is the logic sound?

If not, then you are wasting your time in a momentary spell of insanity.

I am more than willing to discuss politics with those on the left. I am quite confident that I could take your political beliefs apart, piece by piece, with little effort. But in order to discuss these things, you probably first need to take a deep breath and secondly, to spend a little time in thought. Just yourself. No minders. What do you want gov't to accomplish? What is its' role? How should it go about doing it? Leave the cults of personality behind. They are all pretty much crooked, and should be beneath rational individuals.
Old 07-06-09, 03:42 PM   #20
WTL

Quote:
WTL, I'm with you on most of your points, but I'd like to add something to your statement about social conservatism being one of the reasons for the GOP's failure.

While in a literal sense, the GOP might (it's debatable) have suffered from being branded by the media as bible-thumpers and the "party of 'NO'", I don't believe it is wise to move away from social conservatism for the sake of winning elections.

The founders were socially conservative, by today's standards, if not by those of the time. They knew that democracy would only survive as long as people behaved ethically, and didn't do such things as vote themselves money from the treasury (which on the surface seems like a fiscal issue, but is really a moral one).

Back to the OP, I admit the woman is not that knowledgable, when it comes to history, world affairs, or intelligence matters. I just find it disingenuous when the lefties lambaste her for thee things, when they just elected the most unqualified president ever. Right now, I'd gladly settle for an honest, moral simpleton over a duplicitous, eloquent Manchurian Candidate.
NoFear,
A few points; Obama is certainly much smarter than Palin. That may or may not be a good thing, but the guy is plenty smart. So was George W. Bush by the way. Some of the worst leaders are smart, but naive.

The founders werent overly socially conservative for their time. They were a mixed bag. Some approved of slavery (Washington), some didn't (Adams) and some disapproved of it but held slaves and tried to treat them as well as possible (Jefferson).

On social conservatism, I would never advocate abandoning it. But it is very much a personal issue.

Putting it into the political discussion is a bad move by people in the GOP, it attempts to round out the platform with things that shouldnt be addressed in the platform. It is, in short, a huge distraction and waste of time.

Say Candidate A run on "family values".

We've all heard political candidates say that before. "I'm running on family values". The commercials have the candidates and their happy, shiny, smiling families petting dogs and bunnies.

What is this guy actually gonna do for family values though? Is he gonna spank you son cause you found a playboy under his bed? Is he gonna ground your daughter cause you found some birth control pills and she's only 14? No. Its a hollow platform cause the gov't does not have a role in such matters. Thats YOUR job.

As conservatives, we have enough fights to lead. We should eschew wastes of time like fighting for social conservatism at a state and national level. You fight for that at your home and your school. Thats it.

Its a bad distraction, meant to redirect the gaze of the public from the areas on which our "conservative" politicians have failed us. As long as someone is pro-life, pro-family, anti-gay-marriage and for the 10 commandments (whatever that means) we excuse the fact that they are bad on taxes, civil liberties, war spending, corruption, crime and anything else.

Its a pet issue. You people are being led astray by political decoys. Its time a real conservative stood up and told you, youve been had.
Old 07-06-09, 03:46 PM   #21
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
HAHA...you're kidding right?! Do you realize that every one of your posts contain MAJOR grammatical and spelling errors? I can't stand hypocrites
Old 07-06-09, 03:50 PM   #22
everettvet

WNY,
President Obama was no more qualified to be President than anyone else on Capital Hill. When he was in the state Senate he voted "present" most of the time. He only introduced one bill as a U.S. Senator and that was to give away a portion of our GNP to other countries to help the poor. He did nothing to help the poor in this country. As President, he has spent more money in the first 6 months of his Presidency than Bush spent in the war on terror. He wants cap and trade legislation, electric cars, do away with coal and wants socalized medicine. Hmm... An electric car pulling a boat. That will be interesting. He wants to be the "environment" President. I wonder if our outboard motors would meet the emission standards they want. WNY, have you read the cap and trade bill? Do you know what your party supports? Did you know that 40 democrats voted against it in the House? Just some thoughts I had.

Last edited by everettvet; 07-06-09 at 03:55 PM.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 04:05 PM   #23
bassFishingWNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfish320 View Post
HAHA...you're kidding right?! Do you realize that every one of your posts contain MAJOR grammatical and spelling errors? I can't stand hypocrites
The famous 2004 GWB. The left are stupid, the right make typo's!
I'm Stupid??? Because I'm left, LIBERAL?
The FAR RIGHT brain wash so many people that caused the Independent to say no!

The spelling, and FAR RIGHT thinking the left are stupid went out with the 2004 election!
Old 07-06-09, 04:08 PM   #24
everettvet

Quote:
The famous 2004 GWB. The left are stupid, the right make typo's!
I'm Stupid??? Because I'm left, LIBERAL?
The FAR RIGHT brain wash so many people that caused the Independent to say no!

The spelling, and FAR RIGHT thinking the left are stupid went out with the 2004 election!

WNY,
Please collect your thoughts and come back and try that last post again.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 04:10 PM   #25
jasonfish320

Quote:
“The founders were socially conservative, by today's standards, if not by those of the time. They knew that democracy would only survive as long as people behaved ethically, and didn't do such things as vote themselves money from the treasury (which on the surface seems like a fiscal issue, but is really a moral one)”.
They wore slave owners, The beat people to do as they wished, and killed them! This happened up till the 60s! It’s still going on today!
Conservative IS CONTROLLING PEOPLE TO MAKE YOU RICH?
As far as “I just find it disingenuous when the lefties lambaste her for thee things, when they just elected the most unqualified president ever“.
Bush was brain dead from drugs, and booze, the worst president ever! Started a war to show daddy how to do it, ousted a CIA agent, made the World hate us. And on top of that stolid 2 elections! Need I go on?
Obama may be the best President since FDR, but FDR served 4 terms, Obama can only serve 2!

One more thing, Bush was conservative? He ran up the biggest debt, and deficit in American history! The GOP RUBBER STAMP CONGRESS spent millions to be reelected. That’s conservative???
And this concludes our lesson for the day....

Ummmm, two questions if I may:

1) Who is about to surpass Bush on the biggest spending deficit in American history?

2) On what basis do the facts state that other countries hate the U.S.? I have lived all over the world and it's a mixed bag, many countries are more concerned about their own governement and not the U.S.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.