Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-11, 10:51 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default well this ain't bragging, nuthin to brag about,lol.

ok, first of all...........i HATE WEISS LAKE! lol. after lisa and i hit it yesterday and yes, she outfished me again, 6 to 3. i went by myself today.

BAD MOVE!!

i got in the water, everything was lined up jsut right. overcast skies, hardly any wind, and they weren't pulling water real bad. nice morning right?
well i lowered the motor and went to start it up. NOTHING. WHAT?!?! no click, no nothing. it ran jsut fine yesterday evening, what's the deal? so i got back to the dock (thaks to my "new" to me trolling motor. tied off and started loopking at all the fuses. all looked intact. so that ain't the problem. then i took off the hood on the motor and looked at teh fuses there. nope, fine here too. i gently tap on the starter and soilinoid. still nothing. @#$%$! OUT LOUD! only thing i can do is call up the mechanis and see if they are open and busy. no answer. curses again out loud. so i call up the store next to the shop and ask if the mechanis was gonna be in today. the kid on the phone says yeah........round 8:30 or so. GREAT! nwo i gotta wait for 2 hrs.

i load up the RAJUN CAJUN, cursing all the time cause i know it has to be the switch i have been wanting but really wanted to wait on.
then i cussed some more (forgive me LORD) because i was wasting a wonderful morning of fishing.

see i took a vacation day to do this. after thrusday evening i just COULDN'T work friday. blame me? suck an egg,lol.

i head over the mechanis shop, taking my time and getting really down aobut the whole mess.

i arrive and the mechanis does the same things i did. checks all the fuses, starter, soloniod and such. then he looks at teh switch and says, "yep, that's gotta be the problem". ok i say....oyu got one? "nope, been meaning to order some but ain't got around to it." GREAT! now what am i gonna do. he can order one but it'll take 3-4 days to get here. (cussing again, again...forgive me LORD) "let me make a call", he says. ok. he makes a call and says "found a fella that has one. ALRIGHT! draw me a map i say. he does and here i go again.
i get there and this guys says," only got one kind, dunno know if it's the right one for oyur old rig. we'll see. that's $85.00 an hour if i take off your old one and put on the new one". WHAT?!? hey man, can i borrow a screw driver and socket? "wellllll.......i don't usually let folks borrow my tools ya know." PLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE??!?!?! "oh, ok. but i am gonna be out here with you, that ok?" ABSOLUTLY! so i get the part and procede to taking off the old swith, WHEEEEWWW, same kind.
so after 30 mins i am set to go again. only it is now 11:00 am. (cussing yet again, and again i ask for forgiveness).

so i go back to the launch and set out for an AFTERNOON of fishing.

and wouldn't oyu know it, skies clear up (fish stopped anyway), wind kicked up and so i said to heck with it, and took a nice hour long nap floating on the rig. texted ol MB too. lol. got up and tired it again.
but they started pulling water, wind was still up too much. so i loaded up and went home.

so in one day i burned up a half a tank in the truck (driving here and there trying to get the boat fixed) and half a tank in the boat (trying to find a plac out of the high winds and rolling water).
came home and lisa hugged me and said it was alright. things happen. at least we got the new switch and she "should" be good for a long time now.
we may it it in the morning. i told lisa i didn't get a bite because i didn't have my lucy charm with me. it's true too. she is my lucky charm.

and daniel..thanks man. your words helped me alot too. ain't no hoss i can't ride buddy, thanks.
Old 04-08-11, 11:08 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Man for a minute I thought you were going to say it was the kill switch.
Glad to hear you got it resolved, and the mechanic was pretty cool too, to let you use his tool.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 11:18 PM   #3
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Glad to hear you got it resolved, and the mechanic was pretty cool too, to let you use his tool.
I was guessing we were headed for a kill switch story also...
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 11:39 PM   #4
cassidyta

Just think John, it makes you appreciate it more when things go right.
Old 04-09-11, 08:05 AM   #5
keithdog

Boy, what a big hassle! So sorry to hear about the turn of events pal. But the good thing is you got the part, and your good to go now. Hope you get back out soon!I'm planning to go this morning. After this week I need to get out and clear my head. But, even though the forecast was for a cloudy but ok morning, there is a line of storms heading this way so I'm in a holding pattern for now.
Old 04-09-11, 12:31 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Sorry your day went like that but at least you weren't at work. Glad you got your switch fixed so you should be good to go now.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 02:17 PM   #7
nofearengineer

Screw you guys, LOL.
Old 04-09-11, 03:18 PM   #8
bamabassman

REDEMPTION!!!! yes......i got 3 today. lisa "made" me take her out. we got on the water around 10:00 am. fished for 2 hrs cause the sun broke out and lisa can't be in the sun now. i skunked her too. she lost 2. while i lost only 1. made me feel much better.

yes they were all small. but the bucks are making beds for the ladies i think. staking out their areas on weiss and trying to run off whatever is in the way. all were caught ont eh watermelon zoom lizzard, texas rigged.

and bryce.........sore loser,lol. come on down man.
Old 04-09-11, 05:00 PM   #9
keithdog

Well John, you outfished me to pal, haha. I only got 2 today. Had a heck of a time finding live green weedgrowth, but finally found some just before I had to leave. Figures!!! Anyways, glad you had a nice day out on the water after yesterdays difficulties!
Old 04-10-11, 09:43 AM   #10
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

LOL! half way through the story I was thinking the same thing!!

John, the wind and current on Weiss is the ticket, man! Especially downstream of the causeway and bridge! Keep a C-rig handy with Zoom Centedpedes in Watermelon Candy or Watermelon Red (since you don't have any Grandebass Rattlesnakes yet!). Even rattletraps and spinnerbaits cranked across the bars into the river channel. Right now even your lizard would work well. Don't ever cuss the current on Weiss that is the ticket to success more often than not!
Old 04-10-11, 12:49 PM   #11
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
REDEMPTION!!!! yes......i got 3 today. lisa "made" me take her out. we got on the water around 10:00 am. fished for 2 hrs cause the sun broke out and lisa can't be in the sun now. i skunked her too. she lost 2. while i lost only 1. made me feel much better
I tried to look at the pics you sent me and that's when my POS cell phone decided to commit suicide. Saw the first one but couldn't pull it up. If you got mine see if you can post them for me. I did catch one fat chunk that came up short right in front of some of the famous DC cherry trees that line Washington Channel and the War College. Nice pic too. Oh well. Glad you caught some fish!!!
Old 04-10-11, 02:43 PM   #12
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
I tried to look at the pics you sent me and that's when my POS cell phone decided to commit suicide.
Your phone just thought it was the end of the world since John caught a fish

John I agree with Bob. I don't know about your lake but around here I love it when they are drawing a lake down, it will turn the fish on for sure if you know how to approach the situation.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 06:06 PM   #13
bamabassman

well, normally i would have gone to the channel and done the shaky head, but after all the mess and the sun coming out and lisa needing to get out of it. we jsut went home.

smitty, lisa deleted 1 pic after looking at and then i did the same thing to the others. sorry man. besides......you want ME to try to post a pic? BWAAHAHAHAHA, i have a hard time logging in man. i send mine to MISSISSIPPIBOY or BCKLSH or BIBBASSIN144, they post em up for me.
and another thing smitty, the other 2 fish were just as small as the first one, hahahaha.

as for the lake, the WIND was blowing at around 30 mph. couldn't keep the cajun straight or outta the banks. got tired of fighting it guys. still sore,lol. adn we were catching the fish, jsut small spots. not even 12" long. but it was fun. used a ZOOM lizzard watermellon color.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.