Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-13, 08:41 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Well I finally did it....

Broke down and purchased my first A-rig ... Got me a YUMbrella Flash mob jr ... Anyone tried one of those?....Anyway, I'm anxious to try it out this weekend ... I'll be sure to let ya'll know if I spook up something with it.
Old 04-05-13, 10:35 PM   #2
joedog

What baits you thinking of throwing on it.
I here so much about them but no one I know throws the rig.
Actually here in Wi. can only use a Yumbrella three arm but don't know anyone throwing it either.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old 04-06-13, 03:57 AM   #3
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sure have! They work
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 06:03 PM   #4
66KingFisher

I've currently got it rigged with the 3" curly tailed grubs that came in the package.....I also went ahead and grabbed a package of the 4" Mud minnows that I can use to give it a larger profile......However, I did NOT like the jigheads that came in the package with the curly tailed grubs...the hooks looked el-cheapo and upon closer inspection they seemed just too dang wimpy to trust, so I ditched them and replaced them with some Gammy jigheads that had much heavier 3.0 hooks......Had to go back to Walmart yesterday and grab me a plastic box just to hold the A-rig since it wouldn't fit in my tacklebox worth a hoot...lol....Were probably gonna hit the water tomorrow, so I'll be sure to let ya'll know if I do any good with it.
Old 04-07-13, 08:26 AM   #5
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
I've currently got it rigged with the 3" curly tailed grubs that came in the package.....I also went ahead and grabbed a package of the 4" Mud minnows that I can use to give it a larger profile......However, I did NOT like the jigheads that came in the package with the curly tailed grubs...the hooks looked el-cheapo and upon closer inspection they seemed just too dang wimpy to trust, so I ditched them and replaced them with some Gammy jigheads that had much heavier 3.0 hooks......Had to go back to Walmart yesterday and grab me a plastic box just to hold the A-rig since it wouldn't fit in my tacklebox worth a hoot...lol....Were probably gonna hit the water tomorrow, so I'll be sure to let ya'll know if I do any good with it.
Good luck, King!
Old 04-07-13, 09:25 AM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I Just got one a month or so ago at our Gander Mtn's 50% off clearance sale. I'll be using mine for Musky, but there's also a chance of getting a nice bass on one as well.

Check out either the Strike King Squadron jig heads or pretty much anything you like the shape of in the Owner Ultrahead series. I'm using the former on mine because the hooks are stouter since I'm using mine for Musky.

BB
Old 04-07-13, 09:38 AM   #7
bassinbob

I bough one to try on a private lake I fish. Not allowd to use a five hook here in Pa but I think a three hook is allowd. Never caught anything on it.
Bigb you allowd to use them (5 hook) in Ohio? If so I could use it at Pymatuning.
Old 04-08-13, 12:03 AM   #8
66KingFisher

Got the opportunity to hit the water this afternoon, and I was able to chunk the A-rig for awhile. I didn't catch anything on it, but it appears to have possiblities. I noticed the head of the A-rig seemed to be running on its side so I rebent the wires a bit different and added a larger bait to the bottom wire to act as ballast....it helped as long I ran it slow, but would still roll over if I sped up...So it seems I've got some more tweaking to do, but I'll keep at it.
Old 04-08-13, 01:39 AM   #9
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Mine was running on it's side most of the time last week, didn't seem to matter at all to the fish.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 04:21 PM   #10
66KingFisher

Well, maybe I don't need to worry about it running on its side.....I was thinking about putting a spinnerbait skirt behind that head anyway, and that might act to camouflage it even more....Thanks for the input.
Old 04-08-13, 04:32 PM   #11
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
I bough one to try on a private lake I fish. Not allowd to use a five hook here in Pa but I think a three hook is allowd. Never caught anything on it.
Bigb you allowd to use them (5 hook) in Ohio? If so I could use it at Pymatuning.
I don't know about Ohio, but I'll be using it in Michigan where the regulation is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan DNR
No more than 3 lines per person (including tip-ups) nor more than 6 hooks or lures may be used. All hooks attached to an artificial bait or “night crawler harness” are counted as 1 hook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
Mine was running on it's side most of the time last week, didn't seem to matter at all to the fish.
Did you have the rig keel weight with heavier jig heads on the bottom? Either way like you said, I wouldn't think the fish would care too much if they're aggressively hitting schools of fish.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.