Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 04-10-13, 08:40 PM   #1
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Megabass' new rods for the US market

These aren't out yet but are available for pre-order. I think TW will be carrying them too. The prices are much more reasonable.

http://www.histackleboxshop.com/prod...aign=Orochi+XX
Old 04-10-13, 08:51 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

They look nice, but where's the awesome JDM names like Orochi Super Destruction?!

The prices are lower than I would have expected given the current trend in rising pricing from the high end Japanese companies (lookin' at you Daiwa). I'm sure if they go over well, they'll be bringing out a super premium line as well to compete with the Steez.

BB
Old 04-10-13, 08:59 PM   #3
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm really curious to see if the powers and actions are comparable to the JDM rods. The way I hear them described, the JDM rods are super versatile compared to most American rods.

I also know BPS now carries a pretty big selection of Megabass baits, several of them in the sub $20 price range. They are trying to grab a larger and more mainstream portion of the US market and I bet they will do well. It does take a little of the mystique away though.
Old 04-10-13, 09:06 PM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Our BPS just plain sucks when it comes to carrying good line and baits. And what they do is severely overpriced.

I'm interested to see how they compare as well. I'm hoping Megabass designed them as an easier to acquire version of the JDM rods, not as just another US production rod.

Versatility is something that people aren't as concerned about as I feel they should be. I think way too much emphasis is put on the technique specific thing now days. Over the last season, I've been moving away from rods with XF actions and to stuff more in F actions. I think they're much more versatile. There isn't much a good 7'3" MH F rod can't handle.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.