Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-13, 11:39 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Did I tick off the Gods of wind??

I swear, I musta done something to tick off the wind Gods cause I just can't catch a break from the wind this year. No matter where I go or what I do to try and get outta the wind for a little while, I just can't get there.....Moments after arriving in a smooth as glass cove walled with 80ft tall pine trees....here it comes....right outta the back of the cove, or trying to blow me into the back of the cove.....Pull up next to a cliff face in a creek bend, and suddenly the wind seems to be coming right outta the rock face....REALLY??.....Come on Aeolus, cut me some slack dude. The winds came from all points on the compass every time I'm on the water.

Well, after fussing and fighting with the wind all day, all I could muster was a hand full of dinks.....My fishin buddy Ron never got bit.

We did enjoy playing with our new down imaging unit so the day wasn't a total loss.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Todays-dink-4-21-13.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	8707   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-21-13-Ironsfork-lake.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	8708  
Old 04-22-13, 12:12 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It's been the same way here for me too. Constantly fight the wind for boat control, and trying to make accurate casts. It about takes the fun out of fishing. At least you caught a few today. I got one dink, lol. Getting a chance to practice with the DI unit was definitely a plus in your day. Hopefully, the wind will subdue itself soon.
Old 04-22-13, 01:54 AM   #3
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I don't think I've been on the water this year when I didn't have white caps at some point during the day. I hate fighting the wind but it's just a part of life in the midwest unfortunately. At least you caught a few.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 07:27 AM   #4
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
I swear, I just can't catch a break from the wind this year. No .
[QUOTE=keithdog;407163]It's been the same way here for me too. QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
I don't think I've been on the water this year when I didn't have to fight the wind.
+4..........What's frustrating to me is how far off the weather report's predictions are from reality, wind out of the W at 5 becomes NE at 15, and they don't even apologize.

A used car salesman-a politician and a weatherman are sitting in a bar.......one of them says Trust Me the next one says Honestly the third says Hand to God....then they all look at each other and laugh....the end.
Old 04-22-13, 09:12 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

And make that a +5. Every time the kitty hits the water the past couple of months, the wind goes to howling. And after I fight it for a while, I will duck in to a cove only to have it switch directions and push on me again. I can say this though, I have become fairly decent on the trolling motor and holding in the wind with the nose in it. And I don't backlash near as much chunking in to it. I guess there is always a positive.

And do to the nature of this time of year when the wind is blowing the pollen out of the trees, I am glad I didn't buy an aluminum boat. I watched a guy try to come in on a point behind me the other day and he couldn't hardly get from the steering wheel to the trolling motor with being flipped around 9 ways to Sunday. He didn't stay on the main body to long and disappeared in the cove.
Old 04-22-13, 11:28 PM   #6
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

[QUOTE=kennethdaysale;407165]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
It's been the same way here for me too. QUOTE]

+4..........What's frustrating to me is how far off the weather report's predictions are from reality, wind out of the W at 5 becomes NE at 15, and they don't even apologize.

A used car salesman-a politician and a weatherman are sitting in a bar.......one of them says Trust Me the next one says Honestly the third says Hand to God....then they all look at each other and laugh....the end.
I hear that, if I messed up my job as often as the weather man does I'd be without a job! Last Wednesday we had an 80% chance of rain and severe thunderstorms all day. It was supposed to be the first Wednesday tournament at our local lake and I was bummed thinking it would be canceled. Barely rained a drop all day and only two rumbles of thunder. We fished the tournament and got second place
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 12:21 AM   #7
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
I am glad I didn't buy an aluminum boat. I watched a guy try to come in on a point behind me the other day and he couldn't hardly get from the steering wheel to the trolling motor with being flipped around 9 ways to Sunday. He didn't stay on the main body to long and disappeared in the cove.
I know that's our biggest problem is the lightweight aluminum beer can were floating around in....the wind does reek havoc with ya, so you can forget about boat control....Best we can do is seek a sheltered area, but even that seems impossible at times. I suppose its nice to know I ain't the only one fighting this.

As a side bonus, I have gotten considerably better at using the trolling motor in constantly changing conditions..

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.