Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-14, 02:35 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default MY new toy..

Yesterday I went to Cabela's, got a flyer for their EMPLOYEE PRICING sale - not a really big deal as it equaled a 10% discount on NON-SALE items. But it was something to save me a few bucks. So, I was looking for a small pocket pistol and after reading Keith's post I wanted to look at a Shield and some other "small" pistols. Well the Shield was too big for what I wanted, looked at some others in that general size and the nicest one I found was a Kimber in 9mm that was out of my price range at $800+, so I dropped down to a .380. I only wanted something small (but not a .25 which I've had) and I've had 3 in that caliber previously but they are a little larger frame than what I wanted - NOT TO MENTION, I've sold or traded them all when I decided to move up to heavier caliber pistols. After having them a while now, none suit me for summer carry, they are just too large and heavy. I think this will suit me perfectly, it's a S&W Bodyguard. It's not a target pistol or a plinking pistol, I intend this for summer carry, where I can put in in the pocket of my shorts.

It comes with an integrated laser sight - not sure how great that is for a reactive defense weapon. Not much time to play with turning it on, though it is relatively easy with the switch being the gray button in front of the trigger guard - and the switch is on BOTH sides of the pistol. If you have time, placing the finger tip on the pistol in front of the guard rather than on the trigger, your finger falls naturally on the laser on/off button. Only negative I find (and it's easily rectifiable) is that it comes with only ONE clip (6 shot). An extra clip would have been nice. It does come with a nylon case which is nice for a trip to the range. It's recommended that a 200 round break in be done, that will be a PITA with one 6 round clip. I almost bought a 15 round clip for it at Cabela's just for the break in, but I think a spare clip or two is a better choice.

This picture shows it's size in relation to my hand, trigger guard is large enough to get my finger easily on the trigger, but I can only get two fingers on the butt, not a biggie as it won't kick itself out of my hand.

I put it in my pants pocket and you can't tell it's there, jacket pocket no problem either.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-05-14 at 06:51 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.