Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 07-10-09, 11:54 AM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Talking My new rod!!

YES!!!!!!!!!

I finally got a new very high quality rod - the Cabela's XML split-grip casting rods!

My little brother walked in the door with a big ol 8 foot long package with the name Cabalas on it! It had my dads name on it so I had to let him open it!

So then he opened it it, it had not two rod tubes in there! He opened the tubes, and gave the 6'6" worm jig/frog (my three have lures to fish this time of year) to me, and the 7' spinnerbait rod to himself! So now the both of us have a new rod! I went and tested it out in yard! Cast very well, and is super sensitive! I had my brother hold the jig and go to one end of the yard and tap on the lead head of the jig. WOW! I could feel it.... 70 yards away.... with mono on! This is a great rod!

Well thought I would share! I probably gonna go fishing later today, gonna post pics here if I catch one or two, and if I catch a bunch I'll make a thread!

Last edited by Bassboss; 07-11-09 at 10:25 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 11:57 AM   #2
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Awesome man! you guys are really tempting me to buy one!

BB
Old 07-10-09, 11:59 AM   #3
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Very nice boss hope ya enjoy it

jim
Old 07-10-09, 12:40 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Grats, Bass Boss. I ordererd those very two rods myself, and am eagerly awaiting their arrival. Good luck with those long casts!
Old 07-10-09, 04:38 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Bossman totin a big stick. Hope you wear 'em out.
Old 07-10-09, 10:53 PM   #6
Bassboss

Thanks guys! I'm really liking the new rod! Very light, and VERY sensitive! One thing I don't like about the new rod, is that I'm loosing more jigs! I'm now felling the logs, thinking there fish. Bit hey, it's good thing, I know I've got a good rod! Since I'm needing more jigs, I was looking at some, here's what I have on the list: Rattleback Flipping Jig, Proline Stand Up Casting Jigs, Strike King Bitsy Flip Jig, and some NetBait Paca Chunks for trailers! All the jigs are in black and the chunk is black, and blue! Sounds good to me, what do you guys think?

Oh btw, didn't catch anything. Thinking back, I wish I would have put on a zara puppy or popper, bass where busting small shad out in the shallows, I think they would killed!
Old 07-10-09, 11:03 PM   #7
keithdog

I know I love mine. Have fun with it boss
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 11:12 PM   #8
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Thanks guys! I'm really liking the new rod! Very light, and VERY sensitive! One thing I don't like about the new rod, is that I'm loosing more jigs! I'm now felling the logs, thinking there fish. Bit hey, it's good thing, I know I've got a good rod! Since I'm needing more jigs, I was looking at some, here's what I have on the list: Rattleback Flipping Jig, Proline Stand Up Casting Jigs, Strike King Bitsy Flip Jig, and some NetBait Paca Chunks for trailers! All the jigs are in black and the chunk is black, and blue! Sounds good to me, what do you guys think?

Oh btw, didn't catch anything. Thinking back, I wish I would have put on a zara puppy or popper, bass where busting small shad out in the shallows, I think they would killed!
I prefer either ThunderStruck or CabinFever jigs, myself. Good call on the Pacas for trailers, although I like the Baby Paca Craws versus the chunks. The Baby Pacas can be used either as trailers, or by themselves, whereas the chunks are pretty much limited to being trailers only.
Old 07-10-09, 11:28 PM   #9
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I prefer either ThunderStruck or CabinFever jigs, myself. Good call on the Pacas for trailers, although I like the Baby Paca Craws versus the chunks. The Baby Pacas can be used either as trailers, or by themselves, whereas the chunks are pretty much limited to being trailers only.
Ya, I would love to get some, but the flipping jigs are not done! How dose a foot ball head come through wood and grass? Probably not so good in the grass, not bad in the wood though right?

Hey BB, you got just a pain black skirt? That's my favourite color by far, and the only color I've caught bass on... other than blue gill color. Other wise rock craw looks pretty sweet!

Last edited by Bassboss; 07-11-09 at 10:26 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 03:16 PM   #10
Bassboss

Well, I did a lot of worming yesterday with the new rod, only caught one.. but it was fun just the same! The area I was fishing had some coon tail and lillies. I would CLEARLY tell the difference in the coon tail and a bass.... I could even tell the basic texture of it, I could tell weather it the soft mushy hydrilla, and the coarse coon tail. I also had my old lightning rod with me, I put that rod was couldn't feel the vegetation at all! I must have really been missing some fish with the lighting rod!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.