Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 07-21-09, 11:25 AM   #1
Crank-Bait-Frank
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default A fun day at sea

My 15 yr old nephew from Chicago came down to Florida for two weeks, so the Mrs and I took him deep sea fishing on monday (7-20-09).
So to document the experiance her is a few photos.
My nephew didn't want his picture taken at all so ther is none to post.
Karen caught a ton of fish but this shark was a keeper, and the fight almost wore her out. LOL I caught to legal size dinks ( left hand: Black sea bass, Right hand: Snapper) and a choclate chip croaker. And we didn't get a picture of it but a octopuss got tangled up in our lines (karen and I) and we boated that to.
What a fun day we all had.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frank Croaker.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	3926   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Dinks.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	3927   Click image for larger version

Name:	KJ Shark.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	3928  
Old 07-21-09, 01:03 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds fun! My dad once hooked into a 6 foot reef shark.... spooled him to about 20 yards of line, than it wore out a little, he got half the spool back and it did the same thing again. Once he got it to the boat... line bust!
Old 07-21-09, 01:30 PM   #3
Crank-Bait-Frank

Bass Boss, something simular like that happened yesterday but we never got to see what type of fish it was. We had dolphine strikeing the smaller black sea bass when we got them up to about six feet from the surface, that was alot of fun!!
Old 07-21-09, 02:32 PM   #4
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank-Bait-Frank View Post
Bass Boss, something simular like that happened yesterday but we never got to see what type of fish it was. We had dolphine strikeing the smaller black sea bass when we got them up to about six feet from the surface, that was alot of fun!!
Dang man! Once I got one to the boat, I woulda slapped that puppy on a circle hook and used it for bait to catch one of those dolphins!
Old 07-21-09, 10:58 PM   #5
bamabassman

great fish frank. thanks for the pics and glad ya'll had a good time. we love these types of stories. thanks frank.
Old 07-22-09, 04:22 PM   #6
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

is that your nephew with the dolphin the the background of the picture with your wife???

but i bet it was fun, change of scenery too
Old 07-22-09, 04:58 PM   #7
JB

Hey Frank,
You may be the guy I need to talk to for advise ...I'm going back to Clearwater Beach for a couple of weeks in October, and have the gulf right in front of the condo, plus that pier 60 is a few blocks away to fish from.
DO you know what fish to expect to catch that time of year, and what lures or bait do I throw? I've pier fished before in st Augustine and Jacksonville, so I have a lil experience at it, plus it would be so convenient to fish right in front of my sons condo and cheaper too LOL.thanks for any ideas
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 04:38 AM   #8
Crank-Bait-Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
is that your nephew with the dolphin the the background of the picture with your wife???

but i bet it was fun, change of scenery too
No that's not my nephew, lol My nephew had fish guts on his shirt and he refused to have his picture taken.
That kid caught the dolphine, while bringing up a small sea bass. He did a great job fighting the fish back to the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Hey Frank,
You may be the guy I need to talk to for advise ...I'm going back to Clearwater Beach for a couple of weeks in October, and have the gulf right in front of the condo, plus that pier 60 is a few blocks away to fish from.
DO you know what fish to expect to catch that time of year, and what lures or bait do I throw? I've pier fished before in st Augustine and Jacksonville, so I have a lil experience at it, plus it would be so convenient to fish right in front of my sons condo and cheaper too LOL.thanks for any ideas
JB, I've never fished the gulf side yet. But I can tell you that I would stop at the nearest bait shop and ask what the locals are catching off the peir and what bait fish they're useing at that time of year. I also take a 5 gal bucket and cast net with me when I head out to the intercoastal and catch my own bait.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.