Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 07-22-09, 09:05 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default My biggest "fish" ever -- 123lbs

Check it out guys!

Me and my brother we out side and tightening the line on a spinning reel, he walk out across the yard and kept tension on the line while I was reeling. Now we do this often.. and it works just fine, but thins time we did something different... we didn't take to hook off. So my brother was walking to the other side of the yard to do what we always do, he was holding the line with his left hand, and letting the hook dangle down by his waist. Than he let his right hand fall, and the hook was there, and his thumb was there, and than his hook was in thump! He bit the line and I told my dad he got hooked and the barb was in. He had a look and it went it slanted (for the lake of a better word), if it went in straight, he could gotten it out fine. But cause it went it this way, we had to take him to the ER. When we got there and checked him in. We sat down in the waiting room and one guy says "that isn't one of those gamakatsu hook was it?" After that we made a few jokes, and what not. After awhile his wife said "you did get a picture didn't you?" I said I would have but the camera was out of charge. She pulled out her black berry and too a pic, and asked for my dad's e-mail, and e-mailed it to him right then and there. So after watching the tv in there ofter an hour, the doc pulled him to "the back", my dad and him walked back, while I stayed in the waiting room.

When they came out that told me how the doc used his "high tech" surgical tools to get it out. What he used:

A pair of stanny neednose pliers, and brute strength!

He numbed him up, and pulled the out! No joke!

Well that was fun! I got a PB "fish" in the whole thing!

The pic:

Boss
Old 07-22-09, 09:08 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Check it out guys!

Me and my brother we out side and tightening the line on a spinning reel, he walk out across the yard and kept tension on the line while I was reeling. Now we do this often.. and it works just fine, but thins time we did something different... we didn't take to hook off. So my brother was walking to the other side of the yard to do what we always do, he was holding the line with his left hand, and letting the hook dangle down by his waist. Than he let his right hand fall, and the hook was there, and his thumb was there, and than his hook was in thump! He bit the line and I told my dad he got hooked and the barb was in. He had a look and it went it slanted (for the lake of a better word), if it went in straight, he could gotten it out fine. But cause it went it this way, we had to take him to the ER. When we got there and checked him in. We sat down in the waiting room and one guy says "that isn't one of those gamakatsu hook was it?" After that we made a few jokes, and what not. After awhile his wife said "you did get a picture didn't you?" I said I would have but the camera was out of charge. She pulled out her black berry and too a pic, and asked for my dad's e-mail, and e-mailed it to him right then and there. So after watching the tv in there ofter an hour, the doc pulled him to "the back", my dad and him walked back, while I stayed in the waiting room.

When they came out that told me how the doc used his "high tech" surgical tools to get it out. What he used:

A pair of stanny neednose pliers, and brute strength!

He numbed him up, and pulled the out! No joke!

Well that was fun! I got a PB "fish" in the whole thing!

The pic:

Boss
123lb bigmouth bass lol j/k
Old 07-22-09, 11:30 PM   #3
bamabassman

hahahahahahahaha! lash........goodun bub.

boss, sorry pal. bet it still hurts like crap. but hey, ya got a wall hanger right?
Old 07-23-09, 12:33 AM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Sum-a-na-fish. That makes my feet hurt when I see stuff like that.
Old 07-23-09, 12:26 PM   #5
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Yikes! I felt it just looking at that pic.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 01:36 PM   #6
NorthernAngler
BassFishin.Com Member

OUCH!! I hate seeing hooks in humans

should have used this technique...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKAAGWZskGg

screw needle nose pliers and freezing, its all about string and whiskey :P
NorthernAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 03:34 PM   #7
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernAngler View Post
OUCH!! I hate seeing hooks in humans

should have used this technique...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKAAGWZskGg

screw needle nose pliers and freezing, its all about string and whiskey :P
He would have, but two things. 1 It went in at a curve, and 2 my thought it was in the bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hahahahahahahaha! lash........goodun bub.

boss, sorry pal. bet it still hurts like crap. but hey, ya got a wall hanger right?
lol bama!
Old 07-23-09, 05:04 PM   #8
aikenyounggun

you gonna put him in the freezer until you got the money to stuff him and mount him?

haha jk

i hooked my brother like 7 years ago and my dad pushed the hook through and cut the barb, it was in his arm, you can do that with a finger b/c it wont go through the nail
Old 07-24-09, 12:16 AM   #9
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I always love that scene in "Funny Farm" when Chevy Chase is trying to knock the guy out to get the hook out of him. "You're not knocking him out, you're beating the @#it outta him" hahahahaha
Old 07-24-09, 12:43 PM   #10
Jim80

wow I got hooked in the back last summer by one of my kids and it hurts just to see that

jim
Old 07-24-09, 08:24 PM   #11
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
wow I got hooked in the back last summer by one of my kids and it hurts just to see that

jim
Ouch, my dad set the hook on a blue fish using a top water once, and it missed his spook and got him in the scalp!
Old 07-24-09, 09:42 PM   #12
crankybait

My neighbor set the hook on what he thought was a fish but was actually some seaweed type slop, and yanked a kastmaster spoon right outta the water and into my cheek. Luckily it didnt go all the way through. Kinda just stuck there at a funny angle

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.