Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-11, 01:34 AM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Memorial Day & Bass Pro Shop

Yesterday, Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend my wife and I made our trip to Ft. Indiantown Gap National Cemetary to visit my dad's gravesite. He passed last June and the Cemetary was crowded with visitors as it well should be on this Holiday. Dad was a veteran of WWII and served in Europe, landing on Omaha Beach the morning of June 6, 1944 and moving through France, Belgium and finally Germany at the wars end.

This is a double edged sword for me as I am very proud of my father's service while at the same time missing his presence here. Seeing his gravesite brings back memories of him in life, but is a reminder that he is gone from this earth, as are so many that lie in the Cemetary there. I pray that all that are there knew our appreciation of their service to our Country.

After that, returning through Harrisburg I had to pass Bass Pro Shop, or actually I didn't pass it but stopped in. There was a sale going on so I did pick up a couple deals, and some other items that weren't on sale.

After the Wheeler trip I bought TWO spare trailer tire mounting brackets for my trailer. ONE spare trailer tire will never again be enough for my piece-of-mind on a long trip. I also found a couple World Wide Sportsman tropical weight fishing shirts on sale and few pair of some much needed shorts - the weather has gotten so hot so soon.

A couple baits worked for me at Wheeler so I picked up a couple while I was there - a little extra stock can never hurt, can it? Laugh if you want, but I got a couple more of the KVD 1.5 (silent) cranks, I caught a couple bass on them at Wheeler when others failed to generate strikes. One in the hard to find chartruse/black the other green gizzard shad. A couple Lucky Craft Bevy Shad, I like these baits, chartruse shad & aurora black. Finally a couple of the Rick Clunn Lucky Craft wake baits in the 1.5 size, colors sexy chartreuse & citrus sexy. I've caught bass on the larger 2.5 wake baits and was looking for a couple of these smaller baits.

That's how I spent Sunday. Tomorrow, like everyone else (I HOPE) spending it with family, cooking out. Fire up the grill!!! Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Holiday weekend.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 03:55 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

bruce, first of all i want to thank you for your fathers service to my freedom. what he went trhough on june 6th is something i hope no one EVER has to do again. i know you are proud of him as you should be. i know oyu miss him too. sorry he is not with you now my friend.

now as for the bps purchases.........lol. i understand how you feel about the tire issue buddy. i inspected mine the next day after reading aobut your mishap. so far so good. mine needs some cleaning now though.

and i am surprised oyu didn't get any shallow running CRADAD painted cranks by bombe, that is the crank i pulled 10 (including mrs. dickerson's keeper) off that tree with. i used it this morning too. broke the freaking lip off of it on a cast. only one i had too. so i gotta go to wally world or academy and see if i can find a couple more. gonna check out those kvd's too.

i like your other purchases too. i'll check em out while i am there as well.

and as for the grilling.........well i smoked a yankee boston butt yesterday. almost all gone now,lol. smked it over applewood. everyone loved it. i am getting pretty good at the smoking i think. got a good rub to go on, let it simmer overnight, then i either use hickory, pecan or applewood for smokeing.

i hope oyu have a wonderful day today. remember our veterans past and present. GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.