Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 10-07-14, 06:25 PM   #1
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Mistake bet I broke the camera

Went down to Paris Landing to toss a few swimbaits to see how they run,ramp was busy ,asked if any T going on .Reply strike king thing.So went on down to the dock passed among about 20 anglers all with boats with .com addy etc wrapped,expensive rigs not noticing who they all were had my thought pattern elsewhere.Tossed a Tater Hog in a few times with my Skeet Reese 8 ft swimbait rod,and a fella comes up behind me asks if thats a skeet reese and what kind of bait as he said lo...oked pretty.Then asked if he could take a pic as he was a friend of his (Skeet Reese).I turned saw his hat low but recognized him immeadiately and said You sure can Mr VanDam.
Ive often taken pics of pros,but never ever had one want to take my pic.
Ps I handed him the rod,he tossed the Tater Hog several times,then handed it back,
Very nice man indeed have always known that but never had a one on one with him.
Now is there any interest in a Skeet Reese rod that Kevin Van Dam has used,complete with a Tater Hog swimbait he liked.
Joke you can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 09:53 AM   #2
Captmikestarrett

First time I met him was when I was running a camera boat at a Pro-Am sponsored by BP.
They had these cheap hats allow yellow and green we had to wear and he signed it for me. Can not remember if did any good. Local guide won the Am part and got a free boat.
Capt Mike
Old 10-08-14, 07:25 PM   #3
lilmule

Ps im going to ABA nationals on Old Hickory as a non boater fishing for a boat just for the non boaters and with a skeet reese rod abu s revo reel and swimbait previously used by KVD.Gonna have some fun anyway got an extra large swimbait will look like have a keeper every cast.Just have to keep the 5 ft alligator gar off it,had one try to steal it last week.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.