Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-09, 11:44 AM   #1
BoyoBoyle
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Here! With PB pics!

New to these forums! Have been reading on here for a couple months now, but finally decided to join.... once i got some pics! haha

Hey, Im 20 years old and have been fishing on and off for a lot of my life. But this last couple years i've finally gotten serious about it. I mostly fish for bass. I live in Northwestern Pennsylvania and most the of the places I fish at are mainly Bass/Bluegill/Crappy/Catfish and maybe a musky type of lakes. So that makes Bass my main goal when fishing. I use a somewhat older eagle claw rod I got a long time ago and it works real nice, with a reel a friend gave to me.

Heres some pics from the past week. Oh, and the next thing i need to buy is a scale! haha I wanna do this right and not use a measuring tape. Both of these fish were caught at a small lake in my neighbors woods. Luckily, this lake is filled with good sized bass and we're the only ones who fish it! Everytime we go, at least one person pulls out a fish over 15"

The first one I caught was with a Powerbait 7" Midnight Fire worm, texas rigged but with a swivel attached. No weight. It measured 18"

Click image for larger version

Name:	MMS_Resized_Pix(3).jpg
Views:	299
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	3878

The next one was caught with a Powerbait 10" Watermelon Candy worm Texas rigged with no weight or swivel. The picture could have been a little better, but this one was a bit fatter than the first. This one had a bit of a belly on it. I dont think it would have topped 5 LB. but it probably hit 4 1/2 easily. Its my newest PB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MMS_Resized_Pix(4).jpg
Views:	311
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	3879

Hope you like the pics! Comment please!

Oh.... took the pics with my phone! Pretty nice huh?
BoyoBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 12:53 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

In all honesty, not a bad pic for a phone!

Great bass too! Pennsylvania's a beautiful state!
Old 07-15-09, 12:59 PM   #3
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i live in northwest ohio! those are some nice fish man.
Old 07-15-09, 01:52 PM   #4
Bryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Welcome! Nice bass!
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 03:08 PM   #5
BoyoBoyle
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
In all honesty, not a bad pic for a phone!

Great bass too! Pennsylvania's a beautiful state!
Yea it takes really nice pics, its not even a fancy phone, like it doesn't have a keyboard or nothing, but its got a 2.0 megapixel camera and i send the pics to my e-mail account. Works good for me, I don't have to worry about bringing a camera... and we all know what happens the days you do bring a camera and the days you don't!

But i love pennsylvania. I go camping every year in Susquehannock State Forest and we do a little trout fishing and catch these beautiful native trouts. Last year we caught a 22" brown trout! We threw it back though, it was in a very small fishing hole where nothing could get in or out and it was the only fish there, so we figured someone might have put it there as a pet or something. But PA is the best! So many beautiful sights. So many trees, and rolling mountains, and amazing wildlife! A couple times ago we went fishin, we watched a deer drink some water from that same lake ^^ stand around for about 10 minutes and then cross this channel about 50ft on the lake. See lots of bald eagles and blue herons. Good Stuff. The fish aren't quit as big as down south but we manage to get ones big enough.
Old 07-15-09, 03:10 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Welcome to the Nut-House! Nice looking fish, congrats on the PB.

BB
Old 07-15-09, 06:15 PM   #7
Jim80

welcome aboard man jump right in and make yourself comfy and nice fish

Jim
Old 07-15-09, 06:42 PM   #8
woody

Welcome to the Forum!

It looks like you've got yourself a nice little Honey Hole there. Looks really good!

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 07:15 PM   #9
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Welcome to the boards, Boyo!
Old 07-15-09, 11:13 PM   #10
bamabassman

welcome bait monkey fodder! great fish pal. glad you finally decided to join us. post as many pics as you can pal, we (wostly me,lol) love to see pics (since i can't seem to catch a dang thang cept bug bites, hahahahaha).
Old 07-15-09, 11:44 PM   #11
bassinbob

Hey BB. Ya ever fish Pymatuning? Or the other lakes in Crawford county. I've been fishing Pymy since the late 50's. Funny thing about Pymy is for it's size I've never pulled a bass over 5lbs from it. Welcome to the nut house.
Look me up sometime. I'll be in the pads around Tuttles island.
Old 07-16-09, 09:41 AM   #12
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Nice fish bro! Welcome, I don't know if you've been lurking or not before you joined, but I think you'll find this forum very informative no matter what level of fishing you're at. The people here are great!
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 09:50 AM   #13
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyoBoyle View Post
Yea it takes really nice pics, its not even a fancy phone, like it doesn't have a keyboard or nothing, but its got a 2.0 megapixel camera and i send the pics to my e-mail account. Works good for me, I don't have to worry about bringing a camera... and we all know what happens the days you do bring a camera and the days you don't!

But i love pennsylvania. I go camping every year in Susquehannock State Forest and we do a little trout fishing and catch these beautiful native trouts. Last year we caught a 22" brown trout! We threw it back though, it was in a very small fishing hole where nothing could get in or out and it was the only fish there, so we figured someone might have put it there as a pet or something. But PA is the best! So many beautiful sights. So many trees, and rolling mountains, and amazing wildlife! A couple times ago we went fishin, we watched a deer drink some water from that same lake ^^ stand around for about 10 minutes and then cross this channel about 50ft on the lake. See lots of bald eagles and blue herons. Good Stuff. The fish aren't quit as big as down south but we manage to get ones big enough.
Ya, fl pretty lame as far a sights, you seen one field you've seen them all.... see one beach... you've seen them all. But hey, we've not nice bass at least!
Old 07-16-09, 09:52 AM   #14
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Hey BB. Ya ever fish Pymatuning? Or the other lakes in Crawford county. I've been fishing Pymy since the late 50's. Funny thing about Pymy is for it's size I've never pulled a bass over 5lbs from it. Welcome to the nut house.
Me out Bigbassin?

But I don't live in PA. Only been there once... fortunately for me it was in the fall!
Old 07-16-09, 12:57 PM   #15
BoyoBoyle
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post

Actually I haven't been out to Pyma in a long time. I live in Saegertown, its the next exit north of Meadville. It's like 10 minutes north of Meadville, and 15 minutes south of Edinboro. I go to conneaut lake every once in a while, but never have any type of bass luck there, the fishing is too slow there with all the boats, youl be lucky to caught a fish an hour. I go to small lakes and ponds all over the saegertown area. The pic above is probably our best lake for bass fishin.... its out in the middle of the woods, nobody goes back there to fish or anything, the lake is big and diverse, we have a small steel boat with oars, and its got some big bass in it! along with crappie/bluegill and catfish and many other wildlife. And theres been rumors of musky in there too.
Old 07-16-09, 02:07 PM   #16
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Getting to be too many BB's on here, lol.

BB
Old 07-16-09, 02:54 PM   #17
The Meat Fisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Nice fish! But if I were in Pennsylvania I would be hunting.
Old 07-16-09, 03:47 PM   #18
BoyoBoyle
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Getting to be too many BB's on here, lol.

BB
Yea i know... I've been called that a few times and I already noticed... Just call me boy... or boyle.
Old 07-23-09, 12:38 AM   #19
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Welcome aboard Boyle, another BB myself. Nice catch by the way.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.