Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 01-26-13, 09:20 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Nice trip to Richmond

Went to the Richmond Fishing Expo today. Not a very big production based upon other shows (or rather used to be shows like the Eastern PA Sportsman's show) only spent a couple hours there. Did see a few friends that were working booths, even bought a custom ultra light trout rod.

Since I drove all that way, we drove a little farther south (12 miles) and visited the new Green Top sporting goods store. NICE store, very much like the Gander Mountain stores in up north. The were having a sale, and we got an additional 10% off for attending the Expo - so there was no way we could NOT spend some money. I got a Abu Orras spinning reel for the trout rod. I am a Pflueger user, but this reel caught my attention so I'm giving it a test spin (oh, sorry that was bad). Also bought some 6# Nanofil braid to spool it with.

Then, only another couple miles away is the Richmond Den of Iniquity. Well, that is one of the nicest BPS stores I've been in yet. Full service resturant in store. Well laid out, bought some little odds & ends. Then time to head home.

Maybe I'll take a pic of the new rod and post it tomorrow, I just got home had some apple pie and just don't feel like taking pictures. More apple pie, yeah, that sounds good.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-26-13 at 10:04 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 10:41 PM   #2
3dkicker

Not as many tackle dealers at the show this year. A couple new guys making a go of it which is good. Crew's Missle baits are interesting. Had to grab some D Bombs before they sold out. Got pretty busy today. Don't know if you stopped in to Pappy's booth today or not.
Old 01-26-13, 10:58 PM   #3
bassboogieman

Ish was pushing the Missle, that doesn't sound quite right. I did look at them, but did not buy - I have too dang much plastic now. Don't remember seeing Pappy's - if that's were you were I am really sorry I missed meeting you there.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 04:25 PM   #4
3dkicker

Pappy's booth was by the tank. Just across from the left entrance into that area. Watched the fish eat any and every bait thrown into the tank. Very hungry fish!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.