Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-10, 02:06 PM   #1
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Goin Night fishin

Well boys, finally found a night free for Dad and I to slip down to Barren River Reservoir (or maybe rough river) and try for some Largemouth... i may even hit a bank i know holds smallies i dunno. So anyways, you guys can look up the lake if you wish, but it is yoru typical southern highlands res... creek channels get down to as much as 50 ft near the damn. Lots of points and a few deep cuts. So I thought I would run my strategy by you guys and get yoru input...

Early in evening with daylight still available...
Gonna work deep points and a few humps i found via map since our electronics arent that great...

Gonna throw deep diving cranks, lipless cranks, and a chatterbait in chartreuse colors...

then as the light fades gonna switch to Heavy Jigs, T-Rigs, Shaky heads, and chatterbait or spinner bait... everything in Black since it will be extremely low light...

Any thoughts?
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 07:06 PM   #2
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
Well boys, finally found a night free for Dad and I to slip down to Barren River Reservoir (or maybe rough river) and try for some Largemouth... i may even hit a bank i know holds smallies i dunno. So anyways, you guys can look up the lake if you wish, but it is yoru typical southern highlands res... creek channels get down to as much as 50 ft near the damn. Lots of points and a few deep cuts. So I thought I would run my strategy by you guys and get yoru input...

Early in evening with daylight still available...
Gonna work deep points and a few humps i found via map since our electronics arent that great...

Gonna throw deep diving cranks, lipless cranks, and a chatterbait in chartreuse colors...

then as the light fades gonna switch to Heavy Jigs, T-Rigs, Shaky heads, and chatterbait or spinner bait... everything in Black since it will be extremely low light...

Any thoughts?
Years ago when I lived in Mt. Juliet, TN we did a night trip up on Barren River and caught the heck out of them on the Black and Red Hoppy's 1/2 oz. short armed spinner baits tipped with Uncle Josh #11a Black and Red Pork Frogs. We slowed rolled them in 9 to 10 feet water on top of humps. I mean deep and slow. WE would bump them off stumps and rocks and let them helicopter down when they cleared. Caught some dandy smallies and Largemouth. That was back in 1991
Old 08-05-10, 07:34 PM   #3
florida fisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I've found chatter baits work very well just have a good presentation and you'll pick up a few.
Old 08-06-10, 10:25 AM   #4
walkeraviator

Chatter baits got me zilch but cant say as it was teh lures fault... i caught everything on a 7" Black Neon Ribbontail Worm T-Rigged...
Old 08-11-10, 03:14 PM   #5
BassEngineer
BassFishin.Com Member

Summer night bass fishing, I like using top water...Zara Spook or Buzz Bait. I like to go big and noisy if the moon is not out. If its a full moon, I don't go as big and noisy...I'll downsize a bit and use a popper or jitterbug instead of the spook.
BassEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 03:34 PM   #6
walkeraviator

My black Zara Spook got lost to the weeds a few weeks ago or i would have used it. Tried a black rage tail toad and a black buzzbait... no luck... but again i didnt hear a whole lot of surface busting goin on out there... if i had been there til day break that may have been a good option.
Old 08-11-10, 05:43 PM   #7
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

surface action this year has been crap...
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.