Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 04-28-13, 07:24 AM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default And so it begins..

The season of ramp vamps and trashliners has begun. Yesterdays warm weather brought the circus to the ramp at Fort Washington Marina. Glad it was my last launch there till fall. Guy in tin boat falls over backwards in boat attempting to tie up at launch ramp. Starts screaming to me to help him while I am power loading boat. Then a Bayliner (trashliner) blocks ramp to remove straps and load coolers. Female sitting in truck has the bump music turned up for all to hear.
Noticed my trailer tag was missing so checked water at ramp first. Guy with trashliner says if he sees it floating he will place it over on the wall. I twist my head and say it is made from metal and will not float. He shakes his head tells me it is thin metal so it will float. OK thanks and walk away.
Then a c-skiff backs up and the boat sides right off the trailer onto the ramp. Now both ramps are blocked.. glad I got out before them. Found my tag in parking lot floating just above the gravel. Ha
As I climb in my truck I see 15 boats coming in to weigh in cat fish. With both ramps blocked I am sure the catfish guys are going to be nice..
I left before the police show up.
Capt Mike
Old 04-28-13, 07:41 AM   #2
lilmule

Yeah paris landing is 4 lane yet on sunday all can be blocked by looney toons ,wind puffers with centerboard down,and trashliners taking off the straps getting ready while 15 BB are in line off the road doing same,duh.
Should by taking up the lane start a timer ,3 min later 300 dollar fine if still in it.
When actually ready to launch,backing down even starting a boat with one aboard takes about 1 min to launch ,I can idle over to dock go back and remove truck and trailer in less than 2 all by myself.And their always safety in numbers launching when its a sunday afternoon looney toon time.Naturally with all the extra help walking across all the lanes.Oh an asking whats this for and that on your boat that actually works.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 09:47 AM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahaha, gotta laugh capt...before ya go insane right? yeah....i was hoping ot get out myself but the storms said differently. oh well, maybe this coming weekeend i can get out there. i hope to get some fishing in before the JETFLEAS take over. i do wish that there was a place with NO FISH in it where these folks can go so us fishermen/women can have peace. but there ain't so we gotta make the best of it.
Old 04-28-13, 02:44 PM   #4
hardhead
BassFishin.Com Member

I probably should not admit this.... I have actually spent some time (out of the way) just to watch this show.
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 03:47 PM   #5
lilmule

It is comical when not in the line being held up,ever watch anyone launch a schooner with the centerboard down,sink truck float boat.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 08:17 PM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I watched these cats try to put a boat in the water a while back. They barely had the transom wet and had the 150 balls to the wall in reverse trying to get it off the trailer. It was around 5 in the evening and there were people lining up for the double ramp to get an evening bite and finally a guy asks the driver to please get out and he will put it in the water. If the back of the 78 party times van didn't have water in it, it is beyond me. The guy chunked the boat and pulled up, he jumped out and said its all yours. He then smirked and said if you can't launch it, you are bound to be in for a long night trying to load it!

I like the tag floating in the gravel, classic quip!
Old 04-28-13, 10:58 PM   #7
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

wahoo!

Sounds like a real pain the arss captn! I gotta deal with dogs swimming and people throwing rocks while I'm beatin the bank in the summer, so I feel your pain!
Old 04-28-13, 11:52 PM   #8
Hoosier
BassFishin.Com Active Member

We actually have several lakes that do not allow recreation at all. These are awesome lakes too. But the three recreational lakes all have a 5 min limit that is heavily enforced. One that is near me will give you a warning and if it happens again will remove your tags. Everyone is pretty quick needless to say.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.