Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 12-18-13, 06:03 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Semester Review

Hey everybody,

I know I haven’t been posting a whole ton but I still read most the threads that pop up. I have been really busy this past semester at college with classes, football, and fishing.

This year my dad let me take the boat (’98 Champion 203) up to Clemson (long story how that worked out, but I’m not complaining). And to top that off, I didn’t have any classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and this meant a lot of fishing.

By the end of the semester, I fished over 30 times on 5 different lakes (Hartwell, Keowee, Joccasse, Greenwood, and Secession) and about 20 of those were out of the Champ. The rest were in my buddy/tournament partner’s Triton. I still managed to put 22 hours on the Yammy, even though I don’t run the big motor that often and when I do I only go 40 (save on that gas!)

At the beginning of the semester, the Clemson Fishing Team, which I’m part of, held two tournaments to get new members out and fishing. I placed bout 4 or 5th out of ‘bout 12 boaters in the first tournament and then 3rd in the next tournament. Not too bad while trying to adjust to new waters.

Then the team portion started and my partner and I had two 2nd place finishes and one win out of 5 tournaments. We ended up second in the points which gives us the right to fish the FLW college tournament on Guntersville (comin’ your way Bama!) which will be in May.

The rest of the time I fished was trying to prefish or just fun fish (really just learn the new water). Most of the trips were on Lake Hartwell which is the closest to campus/where my boat is stored. It was a great semester and I finally learned how to really dropshot, which is great. Also learned a lot of things about the local lakes, but still have a lot more to learn.

This next semester I don’t have classes on Friday (and no football games), so it will still be a priority to get time on the water.

Sooner than that though, I am heading down to fish the B.A.S.S College Southern Open on the Big O (Okeechobee). The tournament is January third and fourth and I’ll be heading down there the 30th. Should be an interesting experience on a great lake.

Also, my dad and I have quite a few projects to do on the boat before then and they include: 1) Install a HDS 10 in the front and HDS 8 in the back [the 10 was my Christmas present! Just got it a bit early] 2) Cut a hole in a perfectly good boat, haha. A.K.A- installing a troll-eze 3) clean, clean, clean. Wax, Wax, Wax.

And I have already organized the boat and all the soft plastics.

All in all it was a great semester and I consider myself extremely lucky I’m a college kid with such a nice boat and having the extra time to spend on the water. And classes worked out pretty well, got my first B though. But it was in the class that roughly 70% of people fail. It’s the class to weed people out of mechanical engineering. I’ll take it though. Just livin’ the dream.

And if anyone is ever near me, just hit me up and we can go fishing or lunch or just meet up.

And as a last note, it is sad to see this forum dying. We need to get registration opened up or its all gonna end. I'm sticking around though.

Have a Merry Christmas,
Isaac
Old 12-18-13, 06:28 PM   #2
woody

Hey Isaac, congratulations towards your successful summer of fishing, you did well! And I wish you all the luck in the world, with your college FLW competition. I'm sure you'll give them your very best.

Oh, and I keep telling myself, I need to to save gas by not running WOT when I'm out on the lake, but somehow it gets lost in translation by the time it reaches my foot. lol

Merry Christmas!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-13, 10:12 PM   #3
WatterBoy

Thanks for the update, Isaac. Sounds like everything is going well. Great job with your studies and grades...that's awesome! Good luck with your fishing on the Big O and on Guntersville. Hope you can find time to give us more updates after your tourneys.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-13, 11:24 PM   #4
Jrob78

Sounds like college is going really well for you Isaac! Keep up the good work. Good luck on the Big O!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.