Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 12-15-13, 06:36 PM   #1
MrMakk
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default just the one (Makes a change)

Also in the blog http://www.alexmakkfishing.com

Well after a blank spree being spent alone down on the 'cut', I managed to get a fish at the chapters Christmas fish-in which made a nice change.

Ian & I arrived at the venue to meet with Pete and the lads for around 0815hrs and we all began fishing for around 0900hrs. I started off using a savage gear deviator and immediately had interest from a fish which missed at hitting the lure, I quickly swap over to a freestyler and WHACK! the fish is on.

6.5lb Esox

Inhaled the lure (although easy enough to get out once the rear hook is snipped)

After having no signs of life from working lures from peg to peg we both got to the other side of the fishery for just around lunch, Ian stopped and had a cast or two around a area with trees and reeds lining the edge of the water, within a few minutes he calls me over as he's onto a fish.

Ian's fish

Apart from Ian missing a couple of knocks that was it for the rest of the afternoon, by 2:45pm I had enough & wanted out of the cold wind that was blowing around. Thankfully Ian was also heading to the car wanting the same thing, by just around 3:00pm everyone gathered round in the shop for final results and prize givings, after that me and Ian wished everyone the best for Christmas and the new year.

A few of the chapter lads.

All in all a nice day,
Old 12-20-13, 08:16 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like you still had fun. Never heard of a Savage Gear Deviator. What kind of lure is that? Have a great Christmas and New Years!
Old 12-25-13, 03:00 PM   #3
MrMakk
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Evening Keith,

a Deviator is a glidebait made by a company named savage gear, good action that is easy to work, it was my first glidebait that I caught on. on that session out it was the freestyler glidebait that caught for me.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.