Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 12-06-15, 07:50 AM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default #5 Convict Bass Dawn Patrol

It started off as normal with me catching all the fish.. I think I was up 5 to zip and then Ernie scored after a professional over run was picked out. After that I started used the speed jig and man did I ever get some hits..but no hook ups. So bound and determined to catch a fish on all three rods I change my speed jig to a 100G with double assist hooks. Capt Brady asked how heavy the jig was and I said 1000 grams as I misread the G for a 0. Some quick math with slide rules and an abacus happened after that statement. I Refocused on the writing on the jig and corrected my self. I sorta caught one on the speed jig, as it was snagged very close to the mouth. Capt Dave was quietly catching fish up front on a med light rod and a very small Shimmi reel. Back to my Lil Bunker and my sporty fiberglass rod for a while so I could catch a few before testing my next rod. Next rod is med light ST Croix with a Lil Jimmy buck-tail and a dropshot bait called an frost minnow from Zoom. This little Zoom bait looks exactly like the silver-sides they where eating last week. Had to wait till fish where only 20 feet down before throwing it. Hooked up on a nice 26 inch fish after what seemed forever to let it sink. Songs burst out at that point and I was back to my fiberglass rod. Great day and tons of laughs.

I have bruises on my belly from the rod but and fighting fish.

Capt Mike
Old 12-06-15, 08:28 AM   #2
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I am not going to believe another post about convict bass, without a photo!

"It ain't real unless there's a photograph."
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 07:47 PM   #3
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It was the three Captains (Brady, Mike and Dave) and Ernie again today......the 2nd Annual.

We were on the water by 0630 and it was chilly but promises of 50 degree temps and fish made it bearable.

It was a little rough getting out but not too bad.....but it take a while for the sun to get up.

Mike had the hot hand at 1st...landing the 1st three fish.

I finally connected.

We were out there with all of our best friends, gannets were diving all over the place......

....and a ton of boats!

We caught fish among them for sure.....

But then we decided to go on our own and we were glad we did!

It just got gooder and gooder!

Even the sea lice showed up!

And the singing....yes, there was singing. The Truck has 18 Wheels and Under the Boardwalk.

A great time with a great crew!

Fish to 31", all jigged up in 40-80' of water, all throughout the water column. Many hit the lure on the way down! We lost count after 25 or so but we had a ton of doubles and many triples.

We are tired!!

Last edited by Captmikestarrett; 12-07-15 at 01:57 PM.
Captmikestarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 08:15 PM   #4
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Outstanding !!!
Thank you for the pictures. I've never seen a "sea lice" (louse?) before.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.