Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 01-26-10, 01:19 AM   #1
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default What a rack!!!!

Now that I have your attention check out this guys rod rack. That's a good idea.

Old 01-26-10, 08:38 AM   #2
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

That's a good idea.
I like that
Old 01-26-10, 08:58 AM   #3
rrw4258

Very cool idea for a rod rack... but I would love to have a wall like that in my house

Ryan
Old 01-26-10, 09:31 AM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

That is an awesome idea!

BB
Old 01-26-10, 10:19 AM   #5
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I love it! And to think you can get the major part of that rack down the street at a neighbor's house!
Old 01-26-10, 10:25 AM   #6
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Man, that's a great idea, very imaginative. I think everyone here wouldn't mind having a wall like that! He's even got some crankbaits and spinnerbaits hanging from the crossbeam!
Old 01-26-10, 10:43 AM   #7
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
I love it! And to think you can get the major part of that rack down the street at a neighbor's house!
You ain't right, go take it from Nofears house he loves his neighbors.
Old 01-26-10, 10:59 AM   #8
BlueDaksi
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Great idea. Nice man-cave!
Old 01-26-10, 11:52 AM   #9
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
You ain't right, go take it from Nofears house he loves his neighbors.

yeah! he'll think they did it!
Old 01-26-10, 12:36 PM   #10
woody

Hurry.. before Nofear installs his surveillance cameras.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 12:50 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Hurry.. before Nofear installs his surveillance cameras.
Hmmm....maybe I should upgrade to some gun turrets.
Old 01-26-10, 03:24 PM   #12
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Man cave, Classic!!! I have been trying to create one for years, it is just too hot in my shed. Might get me a window unit for it from the neighbor's house.
Old 01-26-10, 04:27 PM   #13
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post

If your mailbox is knocked over, don't look at me!
Old 01-27-10, 02:19 AM   #14
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Here ya go--just for you nofear, but you might have to call our buddy in Alabama for a loan.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...73352
Old 01-27-10, 07:55 AM   #15
keithdog

Thats a really great idea! I happen to have a few sections of that same vinyl lattice in the shed. Ya got me doing some thinkin!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 03:45 AM   #16
islandbass

That is really cool. I too keep mine up on the ceiling. Do you know if he put something like felt or pipe insulation in the V grooves of the lattice? Perhaps not necessary, but I can be a touch over zealous in minimizing scratches to the blanks. I think I might do something very similar to this. The creator of this idea should put it in bass master to get it placed in the tips section.
Old 01-28-10, 10:30 AM   #17
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbass View Post
That is really cool. I too keep mine up on the ceiling. Do you know if he put something like felt or pipe insulation in the V grooves of the lattice? Perhaps not necessary, but I can be a touch over zealous in minimizing scratches to the blanks. I think I might do something very similar to this. The creator of this idea should put it in bass master to get it placed in the tips section.

I wondered about resting them on felt or something myself.
Pipe wrap probably would be a great solution
Old 01-28-10, 12:12 PM   #18
Abbeysdad

Well call me picky!.... at first I thought it was cool, a bit of a cob, but cool.
Then as I thought more about it, it seemed that the rods could only be inserted/removed from the one side (other too close to the back wall) and it looks like the reels might not got through.
Then what's with that wall of baits? They won't do much good there when he's out on the lake...and if/when the tackle box gets low on any kinda bait, just put it on the shopping list for the next trip to Dick's, BPS, or wallymart - no need fer a wall 'o baits!
JEEZ...this just seems like the bait monkey on steroids!
Old 01-28-10, 12:37 PM   #19
MississippiBoy

All you'd have to do to get the rods out is pick up the reel side a little, push it forward enough to clear the butt end, then pull it back the other way to get the tip clear.
And about the wall, yeah that's a lot of plastics, but we don't know anything about this guy. He might live way out somewhere in the sticks so it takes him an hour just to get to a Walmart or wherever. So when he does order lures, or makes the trek into town, he buys a lot of them. I buy toilet paper in the biggest packages I can find to avoid a desperate situation while on the throne. This guy does the same thing with plastics to avoid a desperate situation out on the water.
Plus, I guarantee you that 3-4 guys on here have collections that will make that one look like a starter kit.
Old 01-28-10, 01:41 PM   #20
Abbeysdad

Yea and some women have 20 pairs of shoes - it's still an obsessive compulsive thing.

I also live a fair piece from town and consolidate my trips - but c'mon, lets get real, a wall full of plastics is overkill. As fer others that have collections making his look like a starter kit - never said he was the only one with a problem. I guarantee that as long as those baits hang on that 'bait art' wall, they'll never catch a fish (but they sure caught a fisher man!)

I still remember my grandmother's habits (she grew up in a poor family and then came the depression). She saved everything - egg cartons, bread wrappers, scraps of tin foil, pieces of string, rubber bands...everything. Nothing went to waste and everything was used and reused. My childhood was better, but nowhere near like the "throw away society" we have become.... so maybe I'm still just poor enough to clearly see that a wall full of baits doesn't catch fish and even though we're all obsessed with catching fish, we should still command power over the monkey.
Hey, just my $.02.

Last edited by Abbeysdad; 01-28-10 at 02:00 PM.
Abbeysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 02:28 PM   #21
MississippiBoy

Maybe he has a system...he keeps a bag or two of each of those lures in the boat, and one at the house. When he goes through the two bags on the boat, he takes the one off the wall to use, and makes a note to buy some more. So when he makes his big monthly order or trip to Bass Pro, he has a list to go by.
Plus, he might do more fishing than you do, so he might possibly need a bigger supply of plastics. Also, he might be a professional, and some or all of those were given to him, and he just hung them up for the fun of it.
Or he might be an idiot, and you're right, like always.
Old 01-28-10, 03:58 PM   #22
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Maybe he has a system...he keeps a bag or two of each of those lures in the boat, and one at the house. When he goes through the two bags on the boat, he takes the one off the wall to use, and makes a note to buy some more. So when he makes his big monthly order or trip to Bass Pro, he has a list to go by.
Plus, he might do more fishing than you do, so he might possibly need a bigger supply of plastics. Also, he might be a professional, and some or all of those were given to him, and he just hung them up for the fun of it.
Or he might be an idiot, and you're right, like always.
MississsippiBoy is right. I too have a lot of tackle in my garage, as a matter of fact right now I am looking into buying some Aligator Board (stainless steel pegboard) to have a very similiar setup that this guy has. Right now I have a ton of big plastic totes in the garage that contain tackle and each one is labeled as to what's in it. I have totes for finess worms, craws, powerworms, brush hogs, ect. I keep several bags of everything I use in the garage and only a few bags of them in the boat. This allows me to keep what I need in the boat but still keep a small quantity of it in the boat so it doesn't become a problem storage wise. When I start running low on something I leave the bag in my pocket so when I get home I will be reminded to dig out a few more bags, which means I order a few more bags to replace the stash in the garage. This is also very helpful when fishing 2 day tournaments where I will be gone over night because I can just throw the totes in the truck and take them with me, however I want to go to pegboard so that everything is out in the open and a lot easier to see what I need to order and also so I don't have to dig and dig through a tote looking for a bag that is on the bottom.

Anyways my point is that there is a reason why a wall like that will come in hand and I know that you just got your boat but as you get more and more into it you may not ever have a wall like this but you will certainly see where it would come in handy.
Old 01-28-10, 04:08 PM   #23
MallenManson

The guy coulda hit some clearance sales as well. Never hurts to stock up when the price is right.
And if you're shopping like that, the more you buy, the more you save. Then you need a way to keep it organized.
Old 01-28-10, 05:17 PM   #24
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Another explination is, since it seems all his rods and reels are on the rod rack, that it's winter and everything is out of his boat. I think the wall is awesome and wish I had enough plastics to need a wall.

BB
Old 01-28-10, 05:32 PM   #25
Abbeysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Anyways my point is that there is a reason why a wall like that will come in hand and I know that you just got your boat but as you get more and more into it you may not ever have a wall like this but you will certainly see where it would come in handy.
Sure, I just got a boat, but considering the age difference, I expect I was fishin before you were born...but that's not the point. The real point is that the only bait that counts is the one that just came out of the water with the big ole fish on the end of it. A large inventory of extry baits in the basement or the garage is just a waste of working capitol.

Some of you fellas may need to justify (or rationalize) hoarding all these baits cause the monkey made you do it, not because it's logical.
Lets analyze this in parallel... If you fished with live bait, would you open a bait shop? How many rods, reels and boats do you have? At some point, the excess represents diminishing returns.

Another for instance...the last new vehicle I bought, I got into auto detailing and found my way to autopia.org - a site for amateur and professional detailers (autos, bikes, boats, RV's). There was a 'bragging' thread about [detailing] supplies. Some guys had shelves and shelves full of cleaners, compounds, polishes, waxes/polymers, pads, Micro Fiber towels - hundreds, no thousands of dollars worth of supplies to keep their rides clean and polished.

Same thing - different obsession. They didn't really need all those products, but like the bait monkey, they couldn't resist buying them.

Look, if you got the extra money so that you're not robbing Peter to pay Paul (Paul the bait monkey), go ahead and indulge...might better buy baits than drink too much beer! But ask yerself....do I really NEED 12 bags of plastic worms in the garage or will 4-6 be enough till I can get to the store to buy more?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.