Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-13, 09:12 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Ending the fishing year on a high note

In what might very well have been our last two fishing outings of 2013, Kaye put a whoopin' on me both times...not so much in numbers (she beat me 6-4 and 9-8), but definitely in size of fish. The best I could do yesterday evening was a 2lb 4oz Largemouth, but she logged a pair of LM bigger than that at 2lb 13oz & 2lb 12oz. That was just a warm-up for this morning, however. We spent 3 hours on the water, and my best fish, a 2lb 12oz Largemouth, came on my very last cast. That didn't even crack the top 3 on Kaye's list, though! She set an all-time record for her best 5-bass weight in one outing with a hefty 16lb 4oz total. That was anchored by two really nice Smallmouth that came 45 minutes apart. The first one was 17.25" in length and weighed 3lb 4oz, and the second one was her new personal best Smallie at 4lb 5oz, 19"! She also landed some nice Largemouth as well, with five of them over 2 pounds, and the best three weighing in at 2lb 14oz, 2lb 11oz and 2lb 8oz. We had hoped to fish some more before heading home tomorrow evening, but it rained almost all afternoon and evening today, and there is quite a bit of rain in the forecast for tomorrow, so we may have fished for the final time this year. What a GREAT way to close out the year if that is the case!

3lb 4oz

4lb 5oz
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 07:04 AM   #2
MrMakk
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That 4lber looks a chunky bugger,

well done.
Old 10-12-13, 10:53 AM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

What a great way to end the year! Very nice photos.
Old 10-12-13, 06:29 PM   #4
nobass

nice fish and if is the last time great way to end this year
Old 10-12-13, 08:03 PM   #5
Bassin' Gal

Way to rock it Kay! I know your hubby is probably more proud than you are! And by the way, how is the puppy dog doing?
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 09:55 PM   #6
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassin' Gal View Post
Way to rock it Kay! I know your hubby is probably more proud than you are! And by the way, how is the puppy dog doing?
You are right, Paula. I was every bit as excited as Kaye was with her fishing!

Thanks for asking about Cassie. We've had her for just over 9 months already, and she is now almost 1 1/2 years old. She is doing AWESOME! She ABSOLUTELY LOVES everything about the cabin--going for boat rides, taking walks, entertaining all of our guests and just being outside in general. But her most favorite thing of all is for people to play "chase" with her. She just can't get enough of it. She is extremely quick and agile, and can run like a rocket and change directions in an instant. Even with several people trying to chase and corner her, she never gets a hand laid on her. She would do this all day long if we let her.

Here are a few pics from her first season at our cabin.

In our boat:

She loves to lick fish:

Playing on the beach:

Best buds with her cousin, Lucy, a mini-dachshund who is 1/3 her size and who she just met for the first time in this picture:

Playing chase:

And her favorite spot after a hard day playing:
Old 10-14-13, 09:42 PM   #7
Bassin' Gal

Ah! How sweet she is. So glad you all found each other when you all needed it most! Looks like she has really been a blessing to you and I know you and Kay have been to her.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-13, 11:14 PM   #8
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassin' Gal View Post
Ah! How sweet she is. So glad you all found each other when you all needed it most! Looks like she has really been a blessing to you and I know you and Kay have been to her.
Yep, you got that right about finding each other when we all needed it the most! It was a rough post-Thanksgiving week for us last year, and she has helped heal our hearts a lot. This coming weekend when we close up our cabin for the year will be a tough one for us. We never would have imagined when we closed up last year for the off-season that it would be Lucky's last trip up there with us. I'm sure there will be some tough moments thinking back a year, but having Cassie there will sure help a lot.
Old 10-14-13, 11:17 PM   #9
joedog

Dean it's great to see Cassie and Kaye!!
Oh and you too!!!

Tell Kaye I love her smile!!!
GREAT FISH!!!!
BOTH of you!!!!
Kind of looked like Cassie was claming one though.

Sad day though.............CLOSING DOWN THE RESORT!
Thanks for all the resort pics this season and don't forget Iowa! I'm thinking Dad and you need one more outting before it gets too cold.
Old 10-16-13, 09:47 PM   #10
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Congrats water boy! Nice fish.
Old 10-17-13, 09:10 AM   #11
lilmule

Nice fish but best catch was the dog
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.